When humor goes, there goes civilization. ~Erma Bombeck




December 7, 2008

Banana Cream Pie With Caramel Drizzles and Chocolate Sauce






















O.K. I just want to say S_ _ _!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm sorry. I just had to say it , more like scream it. I already posted this stupid recipe, but one of my pictures wasn't flipped the right direction, so I tried to delete it and deleted the whole thing!! Nana's in a bad mood. And I am sorry to whoever sent me the comment about linking because I deleted her too. I should quit writing Mom Moments and write Nana Moments. They say you do turn into your mother (shiver going down my spine)

I am going to try this again. ( I really don't know if I can take it.)

Last night was our church Christmas party and we were asked to make pies. I must say my pie plate was the only one licked clean. Literally I errr.... I mean someone licked the plate clean.
I must refer you to http://emerils.com/recipes ( hey, I did it! I linked something. I did it all by myself! I know this is not that amazing to you people, you bloggers, but you just don't know what a feat that was for me. I know you are all going "Whatever - get over it already. You must be really stupid because it is so easy."

Any way I did not dare publish this recipe because one of the three of you that read this probably know Emeril Lagasse, would tell him about my blog and I would get the pants sued off me. I can't take that risk because I only have one pair of pants.
I have tweaked this recipe a little. I don't like his crust recipe. I think it gives the pie, banana over kill.
This is what I do:

3 Cups graham crackers
3/4 Cup melted butter

1/2 Cup chopped toasted, pecans (optional)

Combine all ingredients in a large mixing bowl. Then press into a 9" pie plate. Bake at 350 degrees for 20 - 25 minutes until browned. About 20 to 25 minutes.

I think this crust recipe makes enough for two pies. If you want to know what I think.

I have made the Caramel Drizzle Sauce and the Chocolate Sauce, they are for sure delish. I just think this is a time consuming recipe and good old store bought does me just fine. I get a Hot Fudge Sauce and I use Mrs. Richard's Caramel Sauce.
The big thing to me is the homemade custard, now that is worth your while!!!
You can also find this recipe under "Banana Cream Pie" in "Emeril's Creole Christmas" cookbook.


















No comments: