When humor goes, there goes civilization. ~Erma Bombeck




December 2, 2008

The Best Chocolate Chip Cookies Ever - Yeah That's Right!!!




Whenever I take these to a party someone always wants the recipe. I was at a BBQ once and a guy yelled to me "Those are the best cookies I've ever eaten!" I personally don't think the fact he was drunk had anything to do with it!


1 lb. butter ( I use 1 Cup butter and 1 Cup Crisco, this way they will not be all spread out and flat when they are done baking . )
1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
2 cups packed dark brown sugar
3 eggs
2 teas. vanilla ( real vanilla none of that extract crap! Sorry if I offended anyone.)
1 1/2 teas baking soda
1 1/2 teas. salt
5 cups flour
4 - 6 cups chocolate chips
2 cups chopped nuts , walnuts or pecans (optional)

Cream butter and sugars well. Add eggs and vanilla. Sift together soda, salt and flour. Add to cream mixture and blend well. Add chocolate chips and the other optional ingredients. Bake at 350 for 8 - 11 minutes.
Note: Cookies are best if just brown around the edges when checking whether done.

I dare you to not eat 1/2 the dough before these are baked. I double dog dare you.
Make sure you use good chocolate too!!!! Broken up Cadbury Milk Chocolate Bars are Really Good. Now you know why Nana has a little weight problem. Ummmmmmm I think I'll make these tomorrow

3 comments:

TMI Tara said...

I'm not up for that dare. You KNOW I would eat all the dough if it were up to me! If you really are making them tomorrow (which is atually today) then I'm comin over for sure!

JANE said...

OK how did it take me this long to find you! Girl your recipies rock!!
Crunchy Caramel Apple Pie!!!! Can I eat the whole thing myself??? Found you from Tara, tell her I said big Thanks!!

Meaghan said...

I just read your comment. Would you mind emailing me? I would like to get a card and box to your brother and maybe get him matched up with someone who wants to give a gift to someone fighting cancer.

Also, I may have resources that could be helpful to you as a person touched my cancer. I believe it is much more difficult for the loved ones to watch and not be able to fix the problem.

Please email me megse5[at]netscape[dot]net