When humor goes, there goes civilization. ~Erma Bombeck




December 22, 2008

Cheese Ball

O.k this picture was supposed to be under the other picture. My computer is giving me fits, so I just say forget it. I'm not going to sit here all day trying to switch them around. I mean really!

I just wanted to say: Gouda bye little rubber cheese ball.
So YUMMY!!

Ingredients: Papa (oh how i crack myself up!)


I love this cheese ball however, there are those in my family that don't find it sophisticated enough for their discriminating palates. They know a REAL culinary chef who makes his cheese balls out of smoked Gouda cheese. ( interject snobby voice and noses pointed in the air)

Well I like rubber cheese! That's my story and I'm sticking to it.
All I know is every time I make it, it disappears.

Ingredients:

8 oz. cream cheese
1 jar Kraft Roca,Roka (whatever) cheese

1 jar Kraft Old English cheese ( I sent papa to the grocery store to pick me up some Old English. He brought back furniture polish. Really! I can't make this stuff up. It didn't taste very good.)

1/4 Cup mayonnaise
1 TBS. Grated onion

Mix and roll into a ball. Refrigerate over night. Roll in chopped almonds or pecans. I like pecans.
Back in the day I worked at See's Candies, yes and I gained 25 lbs. in one year. Anyway one of the gals that worked w/ me would use crushed chocolate covered almonds to roll her cheese ball in. I have to say it was tasty in a strange kind of way.


1 comment:

tara @ kidz said...

Nana you are silly - we love it!

Ewwww cheeseball rolled in chocolate nuts? I can't imagine it, but my face is scrunched up at the though!

I saw a neighbor gift idea with a cheeseball. You attach a note that says, "Don't mean to be cheesy, but hope you have a ball this Christmas!"