When humor goes, there goes civilization. ~Erma Bombeck




December 18, 2008

Crock Pot Beef Brisket With Barbecue Sauce

Ummmm. I don't know if I like this picture, anyway it is delish!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


This is cooking in my crock pot as we speak. My house smells so gooooooooooood!
Nana' house has been a flutter with activity today.
It is P.J.'s 5th Birthday, so we are having a big bash later. Guess what we are having for dinner.
I'll post pictures later.
I got to go see my migraine Dr. I was only there 2 1/2 hrs. opposed to the usual 5. Got a whole bunch of new drugs.
Since my daughter and children have hit town my house is always full of people. By people I mean the rest of my kids and their kids.

Everyone thinks it's party time or something. I'm like" you just saw her last summer. Sheeesh! "
Ingredients:

By the way: I always double this. Not the meat the sauce.
3/4 Cup Water
1/4 Cup Worcestershire sauce
1 TBS. vinegar
1 teas. instant beef bouillon granules
1/2 teas. dry mustard
1/2 teas. chili powder
1/4 teas. ground red pepper
2 cloves garlic, minced ( I double this too. I don't like people getting to close to me.)
One 2 1/2 pound fresh beef brisket ( I like Costco's.)
1/2 Cup catsup
2 TBS. brown sugar
2 TBS. butter

1. For cooking liquid, in a bowl combine water. Worcestershire sauce, vinegar, bouillon granules, dry mustard, chili powder, red pepper, and garlic. Reserve 1/2 cup liquid for sauce, set aside in the refrigerator. Trim fat from meat. If necessary, cut brisket to fit into crock pot. Place meat in cooker. Pour remaining liquid over brisket.

2. Cover and cook on low-heat setting for 10 - 12 hrs.or on high-heat 5 to 6 hrs. For sauce, in a small saucepan combine the 1/2 cup reserved liquid, catsup, brown sugar, and butter. Heat and pass sauce with meat. ( I think that means mix it all up. I don't know, that's what I do.) I shred the meat good first.
Remember to always taste and season things to your liking.
I seasoned this w/ some barbaque seasoning and garlic salt. When cooking if something seems off or you think it need a little umpf. Umpf it up baby!!

Serve with Hamburger buns.

9 comments:

Buttercream Cottage said...

Happy Birthday to P.J.!

sandy said...

Oh Nana, my mouth is watering!

JANE said...

Crock Pot, those are my magic words!! Add beef, and I'm all over it!!
I sent you an email, jewelsbyjane, check your spam if you don't see it, I'm kinda spammy for whatever reason!!!

Susy said...

I almost made this the other day....One of the Family's favorite!
I instead made stewed meat...Recipe for Stewed meat
1. top round how many pounds you might need
2. 6 large ripe tomatoes
3. 2 green peppers
4. 1 very large yellow onion or 2 small ones
Cube meat, brown twice, w/a little flour, oil, and a little water, when you brown meat.
Cut up vegies, place in pan that you browned meat in add water around a cup and vegies then let simmer for a couple hrs till meat is tender. Then put over mashed potato's or rice! Sometimes I also add a bag of frozen corn 10 min before serving. Yummy!

Susy said...

Oh I forgot to mention sometimes I add a small can of tomato sauce. Depends on the tomato's if they are flavorful. I also salt and pepper to taste.

Lisa @ Serah's said...

Happy Birthday PJ! This looks delish. I've made Pulled Pork in my crock pot and now I want to definitely try this too!

TimsMomMom said...

Yummmmmmy, that looks so good and anything crock pot is me! Thanks for sharing this.

br8eyes said...

OMG! This looks like my paternal grandma's dish that was similar to pulled pork sandwiches, only it was with beef. She made it for me every year I was near for my birthday because it was my favorite dish! Unfortunately she took the recipe to the grave with her. I'll have to give yours a try and maybe I can tweak it to taste like hers...I never knew brisket was used for that. Thanks to you, now I know what meat she used! Thanks for sharing, I'll book mark it.

Happy Bday PJ!

Jolene said...

I love using my crockpot!
And hey, I get migraines too, sucks doesn't it?