When humor goes, there goes civilization. ~Erma Bombeck




December 12, 2008

Crock Pot French Dip Sandwiches

I was going to make Applesauce Jumbles, so I could post some pictures,but I went out to eat. We also watched the dumbest movie in the world. "Step Brothers" It's one of those movies where you can't believe you are wasting your time watching it, but you have to see how it ends. I feel that way about some of my days too.

Here is a fantastic recipe, everybody always wants it.
1 rump or pot roast about about 3 1lbs. I like rump, but we won't get into that. ( sometimes I do 2 at a time and double the rest of the ingredients. I suggest doing that if you are having 10 or 12 people over.)
2 cans beef broth soup
2 cans beef consomme soup
2 cans french onion soup

Here's the great part:
Put the roast in your crock pot, pour the soups over the roast and walk away for 5 or 6 hrs.
Please turn your crock pot on first. I put mine on high.
After it has cooked for 5 0r 6 hrs. Take the meat out of the crock pot and slice it very thin. Some times it will almost just fall apart. After you have sliced it put it back in the crock pot with the soups.
The soups make the Au jus sauce. If you feel you want more sauce, just pour in more soup.
I always buy some really fresh deli rolls from the bakery, either a Hoagie bun or something like a sub sandwich bun.
Slice the buns. Right before you eat, so they stay fresh.
When you are ready to eat take a large skillet , turn it to medium or medium high heat and butter that thing up so you can put the sliced side of the bun in the buttered pan and brown it up to a nice golden brown.
When browned, top with the desired amount of meat.
Put some Au jus in a bowl and dip your sandwich as desired. It's as simple as that. I hope this makes sense because my brain if fried from watching that stupid movie.

We are having this for our family Christmas party this year! YUM!!
This also makes the house smell divine.
If this doesn't make sense, tough - no give me a comment and I will try to alleviate any confusion.
I have to go pray now and ask the Lord to wash out my brain.

5 comments:

tara @ kidz said...

Mmmmm this IS divine. It's one of my favorite dishes - and super easy!

Michelle said...

Yum! This sounds fabulous! I love my crockpot!

TimsMomMom said...

I love winter for one reason, the crockpot! Thanks for sharing this!

sandy said...

This does sound wonderful:) Thank you for sharing it!

Michelle said...

By the way... I made this Sunday and it was a huge hit!