When humor goes, there goes civilization. ~Erma Bombeck




December 3, 2008

Glazed Lemon Cake

My cake sunk.
That really stunk.
I feel like a punk.
OH WELL....
I won't get in a rut.
It all goes to the same place...
My big old butt.

I'll get a better picture next time,
but I think it still looks delish.
I know it will taste that way.





This cake reminds me of my Nana, she made it all the time for us. Nana and Papa would have the whole family over every Sunday. We would just sit around the dining room table and talk, gossip, make fun of each other and laugh. Papa would dance with the new babies. They loved laying their little heads on his shoulder and going to sleep. You could always find my dad and uncle Wes asleep in a chair somewhere with their mouths hanging wide open. The kids would be running around playing, loving every minute. All the kids except my son Oby. He hated going to Nana's, he was always naughty and my husband would take him home early. Nothing has changed. Oby still hates crowds and he is still naughty. He has passed that little piece of himself onto his daughter little Chloe, she's not naughty. Chloe loves me though and Papa of course.
Here's the recipe:
1 Pkg. yellow or lemon cake mix ( I like it best w/ lemon)
1 Pkg. instant lemon pie pudding mix ( I use the non instant, anything made in an instant just bugs me. Especially pudding!)
4 eggs
1 Cup water
1/4 Cup vegetable oil

In a large mixing bowl mix all ingredients and beat on medium speed for 4 minutes. Then beat on high for another minute.
Pour mixture into a greased and floured 9 x13" cake pan.
Bake at 375 degrees for 30 minutes.
When baked take the cake out of the oven let it sit 2 or 3 minutes. Prick the cake all the way through with a fork. Be careful because the cake will tear and big crumbs will come back up with the fork if you are not. Prick the whole cake. Then pour the glaze over it.

Glaze Recipe:
Juice of 2 lemons
2 Cups powdered sugar
Mix well. It will be lumpy at first just keep mixing. Let the cake sit 5 to 7 minutes. Make another batch of glaze or double it in the first place. Then glaze the cake again. You don't need to glaze it twice but Nana has to have everything a little over the top and OH MY it is GOOD!!

This is another one that everyone loves. My daughter took it recently to a friends for dessert. There were 4 adults and 3 little children there. There was no cake left to take home. mmmmhmmmm.

2 comments:

TMI Tara said...

I agree - OH MY it is GOOD!

Heather said...

Oh but see...when it sinks that way it makes that pool of icing. YUM!!!!