When humor goes, there goes civilization. ~Erma Bombeck




December 10, 2008

Meatloaf It's Whats For Dinner!!!!!


Re-creating some of these recipes has become a little bit of a challenge because some of them have never been written down.
I thought I would make a meatloaf yesterday so I did. This time I measured the ingredients and this is what I came up with.

Ingredients:
1 to 1 1/2 lbs. ground beef
1 onion, chopped
1/2 - 2/3 Cups ketchup
1/2 - 2/3 Cups bread crumbs. These are store bought bread crumbs. Albertson's brand. I get the seasoned ones. Making my own was a hassle, but you can if you have some really stale bread or leave 3 or 4 pieces out to dry. Then you make crumbs out of them. I just think it's a crummy thing to do.
1 egg
salt and pepper to taste. That is to what you think would taste good. DON'T taste it!!!

Squish all ingredients together with your CLEAN hands until it is mixed thoroughly. Put the mixture in a bread pan. Some of you may have a meatloaf pan. They are nifty because they have a tray in the bottom which allows you to drain any excess grease from your loaf. ( that doesn't sound yummy) After you have the mixture in the pan, run to the sink and WASH your hands again. Then salt and pepper the top of the meatloaf.
Put it in a pre-heated 350 degree oven.
Bake for 1 to 1 1/2 hrs.
I like to throw potatoes in the oven w/ the meatloaf.

I always serve meatloaf w/ baked potatoes smothered in butter and sour cream. I also throw in some green beans so I can say I have had some green veggies that day. I have to say lots of ketchup is a must. Meatloaf and ketchup go together like peanut butter and jelly. like pancakes and syrup, like pickles and ice cream.... OH OH, I have to go check the calendar.

My brother came over while this was baking and needless to say he stayed. Ummmm Ummmm good is what that is! (Yes, the meatloaf and my brother staying are both good.)

1 comment:

Bennett Bunch said...

I didn't know how much I LOVE meatloaf until I tried yours! I had never even tried meatloaf until I met Jamie.