When humor goes, there goes civilization. ~Erma Bombeck




December 21, 2008

My First Christmas In Heaven


I know that I am very rarely serious, especially when I am blogging. I know there are many people struggling with the loss of a loved one, and it can be especially hard this time of year. I heard this poem in Sunday School this morning. Our teacher just lost her husband this past fall, he was our Bishop. She could not read the poem so I told her I would do it for her. I want to share it with you.

I see the countless Christmas trees round the world below,
With tiny lights, like heaven's stars reflecting on the snow.
The sight is so spectacular! Please wipe away that tear.
For I am spending Christmas with Jesus Christ this year.

I hear the many Christmas songs that people hold so dear,
But the sounds of music can't compare with the Christmas choir up here.
I have no words to tell you the joy their voices bring,
For it is beyond description to hear the angels sing.

I know how much you miss me. I see the pain inside your heart,
But I am not so far away, we really aren't apart.
So be happy for me, dear ones. You know I hold you dear,
And be glad I'm spending Christmas with Jesus Christ this year.

I send you each a special gift from my heavenly home above.
I send you each a memory of my undying love.
After all 'LOVE' is the gift more precious than pure gold.
It was always most important in the stories Jesus told.

Please love and keep each other as my Father said to do.
For I can't count the blessings or love He has for you.
So have a joyous Christmas and wipe away that tear.
Remember, I'm spending Christmas with Jesus Christ this year.
Thanks to http://mmdcreations.blogspot.com/ for the Christmas Tree .

8 comments:

JANE said...

Beautiful!

ann said...

NANA,THIS IS TRULY LOVELY.THANK YOU FOR REMEMBERING THOSE...ANN

Emma said...

We had enough snow and then we got that much again. Then it dropped to 30 below. Boy do we love Wisconsin!!!!!

Maven said...

Hi Nana :-)

First of all this poem is just beautiful. Thankyou for sharing it. And thankyou for stopping by my blog and leaving such a great comment. I really enjoyed and appreciated it. I can already tell that I'm going to love your blog because I can see you're a fellow foodie like me and a caring person. Cant' wait to try your recipe for clam chowder!

Merry Christmas. It's nice to meet a new friend.

~Maven from A Fabulously Good Life

Alexis said...

What a beautiful blog, thank you so much for the comment. Have a wonderful day and hopefully you are enjoying the snow :).

Thanks again for checking out my blog.

br8eyes said...

Thank you so much for sharing and the bloggy love you showed! I can't tell you how much I need to read this, not only for Pupa who passed in 2001, but for both sets of grandparents and others I love.

Mel said...

Thank you for sharing. I lost both of my Grandpas in June, and this really hit home for me. It brings a lot of comfort to think of it this way!

Preston said...

What a wonderful poem and how kind of you to read it for her. We sometimes forget that holidays can also be a sad reminder that someone we love is no longer with us.

Here's wishing you and your loved ones a very Merry Christmas!