When humor goes, there goes civilization. ~Erma Bombeck




December 9, 2008

O.K. Emma These are for you... Banana Oatmeal Cookies

2 Cups flour
1 teas. nutmeg
1 teas. cinnamon
1/2 teas. salt
1 teas. baking powder
1 teas. soda
1 Cup sugar
1 Cup shortening
1 Cup mashed banana's (over ripe banana's, mushy banana's, the ones attracting all the fruit flies, need I say more?)
2 eggs
2 Cups oatmeal
1 Cup walnuts ( you have to use the walnuts!!!!!!)
1 pkg. semi sweet chocolate chips
Cream, sugar, shortening, eggs. Add dry ingredients, nuts and choc. chips. Mix well.
Scoop a large TBS. size scoop or larger of the batter, and drop on cookie sheet. Bake at 350 degrees for 10 -15 minutes.
I think the walnuts actually make this cookie, my boys agree. My husband is a mambi pambi and won't eat walnuts. They make his tongue hurt. Wah, Wah, so I have to make a special batch for him, before I add the walnuts.
That man doesn't know how lucky he is!!

4 comments:

Susy said...

Thank you for you nice comment and the advice for when my little girl gets bigger!
About this recipe do you think I could sub apple sauce for the bananas? Or do you have a recipe for this one? Had one a long time ago and I can not find it anywhere.
Thanks :)

Sera said...

Maybe it is genetics because walnuts cause me mouth sores (so it is not Mikes fault) :) I will try these for sure!!!

Emma said...

Walnuts do the same to me. But I have to agree that they do make the cookies so I deal with the owie mouth!! Thank You Thank You Thank You Thank You Thank You Thank You!!!!!!!!!!!

Emma said...

I am making Chili Verde for Dinner tomorrow! Can't wait!!!!