When humor goes, there goes civilization. ~Erma Bombeck




December 8, 2008

Sugar Cookies

These cookies are always a hit. They are different in that they are almost like mini cakes.
1 Cup melted butter
6 beaten eggs
2 Cups sugar
1/2 can evaporated milk
1/2 TBS. vanilla
2 TBS. baking powder
4 - 6 Cups flour ( I use 5)
Beat sugar and butter together, add beaten eggs. Add milk, vanilla, mix flour and baking powder together and add to creamed mixture.
Chill 1 hour before rolling out.
The dough is very soft and sticky. Use a well floured surface. I also take the dough I am about to roll out. Roll it into a ball on the well floured surface until it is covered in flour, also flour your rolling pin. The dough is very soft and fragile. This makes a very soft cake like cookie. After you have rolled out dough, use cookie cutters of your choice and go at it.
Bake at 350 degrees for 10 minutes. The cookies should be white on the top and golden brown on the bottom.

Frost them with your favorite Butter Cream Frosting.
My Butter Cream Frosting Recipe goes something like this. I always wing my frosting. I have said this before.
Here goes:
1 Cup butter
1 Bag Powdered sugar
evaporated milk
I add these ingredients together until I get the consistency and taste I like.
Good Luck! Any questions write me. The dough makes these cookies a little difficult, but they are so worth it!!

No comments: