When humor goes, there goes civilization. ~Erma Bombeck




January 28, 2009

Bacon Chicken Bake


This was one yummy piece of chicken. Taylor made this meal for us the other night. My oh My that chicken was so moist and tender and tasty. You have to try this one!!
Ingredients:
1/2 lb. bacon, finely dhopped and fried crisp. We used a lb. of bacon ( I mean who am I trying to kid? If there is a lb. we're gonna use it up.)
Taylor fried the bacon first, then Pete went at it with my super chopper. It worked out great that way.
1 cup seasoned bread crumbs
3 T. dried minced onion
6 skinless boneless chicken breasts
Ranch dressing
1 stick butter melted
Salt, pepper, and garlic to taste.
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Mix bacon, breadcrumbs and dried onion in a large bowl. Season chicken breasts wigh salt, pepper and garlic, then brush with Ranch dressing. What I saw was more of a dip the breasts in a bowl of Ranch dressing and roll it around. There was no brush in sight. Coat liberally wih bread crumb mixture and place on a cookie sheet.

Drizzle with melted butter.






I don't know why I can't lose weight!
Anyway, back to the recipe. Bake for 30 minutes. Place under broiler for a few more minutes to get a nice golden brown crust. See above picture of crusted golden brown breasts. ( Yes chicken breasts we are not that kind of blog!)
Enjoy!!!!!

9 comments:

Kristina P. said...

Bacon chicken! This looks delicious!

Mama Wheaton said...

This looks heavenly - bacon is one of, if not, my favorite foods. Love that Pepsi song very catchy.

Pineapple Hill said...

That looks so deeelish!

Mrs. Jelly Belly said...

This looks fantastic. Question: Will it work with a HALF a pound of bacon? Because, in my house, once that bacon is fried, half of it is gone before it gets to where it was intended. :)

Hello Mary Lou said...

That looks so good...I want to lick the screen.

Lisa Loo said...

HOLY HANNAH NANA!! This looks fabulous--I shall give it a try. I think I am going to try and fit that into my conversations today--brown breasts--hmmmmmmmm

Melissa/McRae said...

Oh, my mouth is watering to have some of this again...I do miss our weekly dinners with Taylor and family!

ann said...

Sorry,we don't eat chicken.Roo would not appreciate that ,now would he?Ann

Keri said...

Looks like a very tasty dish! This I could try...