When humor goes, there goes civilization. ~Erma Bombeck




January 15, 2009

Chicken Pillows


This evening we dined at one of the more exclusive restaurants in our area. CHUCK-A-RAMA an all you can eat buffet. Mmmmmmmmmmm I love Chuck-a-Rama. Not many in my family are Chuck-A-Rama enthusiasts however, my daughter and her kids P.J. and Henry are fine dining connaisseurs such as myself and we just can't get enough.
Others in the family are slowly warming up to the place. Tara and Aisha will only go on Mexican night because, well Mexican night is delish.
I don't understand why they don't want to try Chinese Tuesday or Mongolian Monday. Tay and I were there on Tuesday for lunch. We are trying to make up for the lost time she lived in New Hampshire. You know I can't believe there are no Chuck-A-Rama's on the east coast. The Easterners are so highfalutin and everything.
I think P.J. summed it up best when he said " We never miss dinner at Chuck-A-Rama , you sure can't beat the red jello!" I mean where else can you have a meal of ham, red jello, and Gold Fish crackers topped off with soft serve ice cream and M & M's.
Tay's husband Pete even pointed out that she had on her Chuck-A-Rama sweat suit. You gotta love the stretchy pants, she stuffed a little meat loaf in them as we were walking out the door. Being pregnant she likes her little mid- night snacks.
We obviously do not eat their every night or I couldn't tell you about all of our yummy recipes.
I must say though, they have the best Pepsi around and their new crushed ice is the bomb!!
Speaking of our yummy recipes, last night Taylor made us Chicken Pillows these are so yummy and so easy.
I would have taken step by step pictures but I was busy laying on the couch.
Here are the ingredients:
2 small pkgs. Cream Cheese - 6 0z. total
2 cans crescent rolls
2/3 Cup dry stuffing crumbs
1 1/4 Cups butter; divided
2 Cups cooked, chopped chicken meat
1/8 tsp. pepper
4 oz. can mushrooms
1 can Cream of Chicken soup
Mix cream cheese, 1/4 Cup butter, and pepper. Fold in chicken and mushrooms. Unroll crescent rolls, spoon heaping spoonful of mixture onto each roll and fold edges over. Seal edges. Melt the remaining butter and dip each chicken bundle in the butter. Roll in stuffing. Bake at 350 degrees for 20 - 30 minutes. Then serve with warm soup as gravy.
We like to add cranberry sauce as a side. It is a nice compliment to the Chicken Pillows. The warm soup is also very tasty as gravy.
I had never tasted these until I was on one of my trips to New Hampshire and Taylor made them for us. It's a keeper.


15 comments:

tara @ kidz said...

Oooooh I do love Tay's pillows.

Did that come out right?

Yaya said...

Wow, those sound so good!

The Veale's said...

Yum...chicken pillows sounds yummy. I just took some chicken out of the freezer before coming to work to read the updated blogs. I think that I may have to refer back here when I get ready to make dinner. Thanks for the good recipe T.

mommaof4wife2r said...

yummy!

Carole said...

ok that was too flipping funny! Those chicken pillows ummm YUMMMMM I cant wait to try those. They are on weight watchers right?!?!?!LOL

carole
xoxo

Sarah said...

The chicken pillows sound yummmmmmmy! If it has crescent rolls in it, my kids will eat it!!

tara @ kidz said...

FYI I linked you up on kidz. And I also linked this recipe up to a recipe sharing Mister Linky thing. I dunno. It's late and I'm delirious. Just a head's up!

Gayle said...

This sounds great! Thank you for sharing it!

Kim@ForeverWherever said...

Thanks for joining us! I think your recipe sounds great! We love chicken, so I'll have to give it a try!
-Kim

A happy heart at home said...

That's sounds yummy! I'm originally from New Hampshire, but I've never heard of these before. Thanks for sharing the recipe.

~Susan

Jerralea said...

Chicken Pillows sound yummy! I'll have to try them. I love anything that used chopped cooked chicken, because I like to make lots of cooked chicken ahead!

Jerri - Simply Sweet Home said...

The chicken pillows sound very good! A little different and easy too! I'll have to bookmark this for future reference.

Lynn said...

What a fun post! It sounds like you and your family have a blast together. And your chicken pillows: yummy!

Sara's Sweet Surprise said...

This is similar to my puffy chicken recipe. Instead of regular bread crumbs I roll them in Panko (Japanese crumbs). I also combine one dry package of gravy mix to the cream of chicken soup..... However it's made it's delish! This meal brings back wonderful cooking memories with my mom, thanks for sharing.

Sweet Wishes,
Sara

Anonymous said...

Τhis is a topiс which is near tο my hеаrt.
.. Takе care! Wheгe агe yοur contact details though?


Herе is my web page; seo agency dallas