When humor goes, there goes civilization. ~Erma Bombeck




January 31, 2009

Cream Cheese Brownies


Tell me that doesn't look good. They are gone already. Mom's going to be mad.


Melting everything in the saucepan.


Cream Cheese Mixture.



Pouring Chocolate into Cream Cheese mixture. I think it is amazing that I even
got this shot one handed.



My little helper. This is why he wants to help.





I think he got a little bit on his face.




The batter , spread in the pan before the cream cheese is spread on top.


Cream Cheese mixture spread on top.


Fresh out of the oven.

I have no pictures yet because I am making these for the big game tomorrow. I have tried not to make these lately because I am trying to lose weight. ( by the way water aerobics got a little messy yesterday, I'll blog later, those old bags think they are going to squeeze me out....well they gotta another thing coming!! Oh I digress as usual.)

These brownies have kind of a heavy cake texture, with a cream cheese middle and Cream Cheese Chocolate Frosting. Oops!! I just slobbered on my shirt.

Anyway I have a sister in law, you know one of those natural beauties, plus she works out all the time and has lots of self control when it comes to food, yeah she makes me sick!!!! Well when she gets around these babies she loses all her self control. Hmmm Mmmm. She takes her clothes off and everything, runs around the house naked stuffing brownies down her throat. It's good she's in shape or it would be ugly.
Yep. Disclaimer, this is not my real sister in law. I have to say that or she will sue me. I think my sil's
butt looks better than that.

Ingredients:
3 8 0z. Cream Cheese, softened
1/2 Cup sugar
2 eggs
1-2 TBS. Milk
1 Cup water
1 Cup Butter
5 heaping TBS. cocoa
2 squares of baking chocolate
4 eggs
2 Cups sugar
1/2 cup buttermilk
1 teas. baking soda
1 teas. vanilla
3 cups flour

Take 1 8 oz. cream cheese and 1/2 of another one of the cream cheeses and whip together with 1/2 cup sugar, the 2 eggs and milk until fluffy. Set aside.

In a sauce pan, heat water, butter cocoa and baking choc. until melted. Set aside and let cool a little. I actually usually do this part first so it can have some time to cool down.

In a large mixing bowl, beat eggs, add in 2 cups sugar, then buttermilk,vanilla, flour, and soda. Then mix in chocolate mixture.
Mix this together really well. I usually beat it with my mixer on high for 2 or 3 minutes.
Pour batter into a greased and floured cookie sheet. ( I just spray the cookie sheet w/ baking Pam or something like that.)

Take Cream Cheese mixture and pour over batter as evenly as possible. When finished pouring spread it out the rest of the way with a knife as best as you can.

Put it in a 350 degree oven ( pre- heated) for 30 minutes. Make sure it is fully baked by sticking a toothpick in the middle of brownie, if it comes out clean it is finished baking. If the middle seems jiggly or too soft let it bake a little longer.

Cool completely!!!!!!!!!!!!! Then frost.

Frosting:

If any of you have read any of my frosting recipes you know that they suck! They suck because I always wing the frosting.

This is pretty much what I do:

Take the rest of the softened Cream Cheese , or you can opt to just use 8 oz. of Cream Cheese.
1 Cup softened butter
6 heaping TBS. Cocoa
A 2 lb bag of powdered sugar
Some milk.

I mix the Cream Cheese and butter together until fluffy then add the cocoa, 1/2 the powdered sugar and a little milk then the rest of the powdered sugar. Yeah something like that. Add milk until you get the consistency you like, don't add too much milk at a time or you will have runny frosting and have to add more sugar, then cocoa, then milk, then sugar, it can turn into a vicious circle I tell ya. Just be patient.

This makes a ton of frosting. That's the way uh huh uh huh I like it uh huh uh huh! So does everybody else. I'll send you a picture of my sister in law!

Enjoy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
And one more time...


This is a picture of the batter again. I thought it was the picture of the finished product. I don't dare try to delete it, because of my special computer abilities I would probably erase everthing. ( I have done that before.)

23 comments:

Stephanie said...

You are too funny! ;)

These look yummy! Mmmm! Everyone's posting recipes and I'm getting a sweet tooth....hmmmmm.....self control? What's that? :)

Mama Wheaton said...

Um how about a picture of the browniens, I think a picture of your sister naked is against blog rules!

Hello Mary Lou said...

These sound so good. You know I love frosting. I never take my clothes off either, to scary!

sandy said...

Anything with cream cheese and brownie in the title is all right with me! Diet or not!

Lisa Loo said...

Hey--thats apretty handy idea--not taking your clothes off---showering could solve 2 problems at once!

These sound like manna from heaven!!

Mama Kat said...

Ok I'm going to attempt to make these gluten free! Wish me luck...

Mrs. Jelly Belly said...

Oh my, these sound delicious! I won't make them, though. No self control. At all. :)

Pineapple Hill said...

You're hilarious! Those sound REALLY yummy. Can't wait to see the picture too:)

Jenners said...

Oh Good Lord! I did NOT need to know this information! I will forget I ever saw this! Brownies that make a woman lose control is not something I need to have near me ... I have zero self control as it is!

The Wife O Riley said...

I am totally trying those, I had to wipe drool off of my shirt too.

Don't let those water-logged biddies bully you! You show them who's Nana!

PRETTY IN PARIS said...

I've started reading your blog and enjoy it so much!
Have a nice weekend and thanks from Paris via a Chicagoan,
BB

Creative Mish said...

They sound delish.. I'll have to make some next time I have a family gathering and see who runs around naked just to have one! LOL!

nikkicrumpet said...

How about instead of the picture...you send me SOME BROWNIES!! I promise to drool on my shirt too!!!

Lisa Loo said...

I am really slow to comment on peoples comments on my blog (deep breath) mostly cuz I just forget but wanted to take a minute to come and say that I think I was meant to find you too!! I ache for you and having to watch him slowly surrender to his illness. I understand not being able to blog about it, too. I just read your post about going to Yellowstone--besides being BEYOND funny--that wheelchair your Dad had was COOL!! I will have to keep that in mind.
I SO enjoy your blog---food and laugh out loud, before you remember that you should have gone to the potty an hour ago but you can't tear yourself from the computer--funny! I LOVE YOUR SENSE OF HUMOUR DEAR!! Thanx for sharing. And your daughters blog is so inspiring--really amazing. Sorry to take up so much space--just wanted you to know----

Sparcam said...

You crack me up! I'm 42 with a 1 year old and all the girls having babies in my ward are almost young enough to be my daughters! AAAHHH!! Makes for interesting conversation at playdates...pretty much settle for the polite responses! The brownies look wonderful. We are going to give them a try. Thanks for coming by my blog. Can I rent your dog please??

Rebekah said...

it's way too early in the morning for chocolate, but I could break for these! they look delish!!!

love your stories!!!

ann said...

Too funny woman...Ann

tara @ kidz said...

To Mama Kat's gluten-free idea, I say 'pish posh! don't mess with the cream cheese brownies!'

Keri said...

Man o man, these look scrum-diddlium-ptious!!! If I weren't such a fat ass as it is, I'd be all over these like stink on pooh. Dieting sucks, but I've gotta stick to my guns. Erg.....

Amanda said...

Oh my gosh, I think I'm in LOVE!!!

Colleen said...

If I keep reading your blog I will never get slim!

Jeri Dawn said...

You know, for some reason, my printer will not allow me to print using the "selection only" button. So I just wanted you to know that in order to print this recipe I will forever have to deal with a naked women. Ha ha.

Messy Jess said...

I am really enjoying the pictures you found to tell your stories! I'm going to make me some browinies right now!