When humor goes, there goes civilization. ~Erma Bombeck




January 23, 2009

Pizza in a Pot , Crock Pot Pasta Sauce

This is my dad's favorite meal. It is also wonderful on a cold wintry day.
Ummmmmm.


This was mom's plate. See the outline of where her spaghetti was. Well she took a huge plateful and said "I will only eat half of this and take the rest over to dad." Look what poor dad actually would have gotten. No wonder my dad is losing weight. No wonder my mom is gaining weight. It all makes sense now.
Luckily Papa took dad over his own plate.
Ingredients:
1 lb. Italian sausage or hamburger ( I always double this recipe so I use 1lb. of sausage and 1 lb. of hamburger
1 28 oz. can crushed tomatoes
1 15 1/2 oz. can chili
1 15 1/2 oz. black beans, rinsed and drained
1 onion chopped
1 green pepper chopped
3 clove garlic, crushed
1 TBS. Italian seasoning
1/4 Cup sugar
1 teas. salt
Hot cooked pasta
Shredded Parmesan Cheese
In skillet fry meat until almost brown then add onion and continue cooking until meat is browned.
Put in Crock Pot
Add the rest of the ingredients. Mix well.
Cook for 2 - 6 hrs.
Makes 6 - 8 servings
Like I said I always doulble this recipe. It freezes real well if you want to do that too.
Oh I forgot:
Right before serving add the shredded cheese to the sauce.
Put over pasta and enjoy!!!!!!

17 comments:

ann said...

Yes maam I am.But we have to come up with an award for being so darn funny.Tara,will you work on that,pleas?
I'm so sorry you're having migraines.I guess we all drag that cross around,don't we?Please get better,this world needs you...Ann

The Wife O Riley said...

That looks incredible!! I am so trying this one, LOVE the crockpot.

Hello Mary Lou said...

It looks great. I love the crockpot. My daughter calls it the crouch pot.

Yaya said...

oooohhhh! I love pizza. I love crockpot meals. I bet I'll LOVE this!

Keri said...

Oh my, this looks delicious! I'm digging the fact that it's a crock pot dish. I mean, how much easier can you get than crock pot cooking?

careysue said...

I make chili all of the time and my family just smiles, not a good smile either!

This is a great recipe and it mixes it up a bit!! Love, love, love crock pot meals!!

Thanks.

Debbie said...

That looks incredible and just the thing for the cold, but busy, days.

3 Bay B Chicks said...

Nana, you're brilliant. Hip, cool, and just plain kicking ass in the kitchen.

We have got to follow your blog! Oh wait, there we are in your side-bar. :)

-Francesca

Lori said...

Hi Nana. . in from SITS. That food looks delicious! Cute blog. . love your sense of humor.

Lori

Lori said...

Hi Nana. . in from SITS. That food looks delicious! Cute blog. . love your sense of humor.

Lori

Kalei said...

Yummmmmmm! Spaghetti is my favorite, even after having steaks, lobster, shrimp, chicken in some of the fanciest places...Spaghetti! Yummmmmmm!
Thanks Nana! =)

Kristina P. said...

Thanks for you comment! I see you are Tara's mother in law! And I am always looking for great recipes, so I will most definitely be coming back.

da Bergs said...

OH, yummy!!! I need to go to the store today anyway... adding to my list right now! Great idea for tomorrow... warm food!!! THANKS!

Carolyn said...

Um, yum!!!

I wonder if the kids will eat it.

Thanks for stopping by my blog :)

A Week In the Life of A Redhead said...

I cannot for the life of me get my teenage son to eat this kind of stuff. I think he could survive on hamburgers and catsup if I let him.

ann said...

Well Nana,they didn't have an award for being a comedian so you'll have to settle with the one waiting at my place.DCongrats...ann

The Veale's said...

I'm still here. I'm trying to get some time to add more pictures that I have. Hopefully today!