When humor goes, there goes civilization. ~Erma Bombeck




January 6, 2009

Pork Roast With Sauerkraut, Onions and Apple's This can also be a Crock Pot meal

I made this meal for New Year's Day. Pork Roast, Squash and Mashed Potatoes. My family loves this meal!!!!!
I don't know who this guy even is. He must be the homeless person Papa picked up and brought to dinner.


This is the before picture.
I love this meal. However, you will have to bear with me again as I have never written it down.
I know someone somewhere has it written on a cute little recipe card some place, but I don't so there.
On this particular day I cooked up 3 small roasts from Costco because all my little Swine Hund's
(pig dog's , a terrible German insult, You pronounce it Shvine Hoont!!!!! ) were coming over for dinner.
Papa's grandparent's were from Germany. That's why Papa has a square head. (really) My grandmother was German. ( I can't think of anything funny to say about myself at the moment. Maybe she's where I got my little stubborn streak. I know that's where my dad got his. I must have got mine from him and so it goes.)
O.K. on with the recipe. First I must say, none of my family liked Hitler!
Ingredient's:
Pork Roast I use Pork Loin
2 15 oz. cans sauerkrout
1 onion, sliced
1 or two apples. sliced. I don't use Granny Smith for this recipe. They are too sour.
Salt and Pepper to taste.
Bake in 325 degree oven. Time wise I bake the roast an hour for every pound. When I bake a roast I try not to get a roast much bigger than 3 lbs.
Crock Pot Meal. Just throw it all in the Crock and cook on low for 5 hrs. On high about 3 hrs.
Either way you cook this the juices from the meat are so good over mashed potatoes. I don't know maybe that's a German thing. (Sauerkraut and mashed potatoes) It is yummy though I must say.
Eat up Swine Hund's!!
(Every time I add a picture to my script, my spacing (in the script) never turns out how I want it to. I can't get double spacing between my paragraph's. Do any of you have this problem and if so have you figured out a way to fix it?)



7 comments:

Buttercream Cottage said...

Great recipe. I have the same problem. I just try to delete the space. It is a big pain!

JANE said...

You absolutely crack me up everytime I read your posts!!
Great recipe, BTW!! If you don't know, just ask!!

Alexis said...

Got to love us Germans ... LOL

Love that we both did a pork and apple dish! This looks better then mine. I'm taking this recipe :).

Emma said...

I usually add my pictures then the writing. About Hitler..... That is debatable!!! ;) Grandma did have some interesting people on her side!

Sera said...

Emma is totally right...Grandma might not have like Hitler but the family that stayed behind in Germany, they are a different story. I don't like the guy, but I am obsessed with reading everything written about him. I even took a class at the U called "The History of Nazi Germany." All us Germans have one thing in common, we all love our sauerkraut mixed with mashed potatoes (Mom eats it all the time).

Anonymous said...

I am regular reader, how are you everybody? This piece of writing posted at this website is
truly fastidious.

Here is my web site thaiblogs.info

Anonymous said...

Hi, Neat post. There is a problem with your
site in internet explorer, would test this?

IE still is the market chief and a good component
to people will miss your wonderful writing due to this problem.


My web-site: tropical fish