When humor goes, there goes civilization. ~Erma Bombeck




January 7, 2009

Swiss Cheese Lasagna "Yodeladyhoo"

Swiss Cheese Lasagna, mmmmmm!

Made by Taylor my HAPLES...er.... HAPPY HOMEMAKER!!!

Once again I was trying to get a picture before everyone (Taylor) dug into it!!!! I get no respect, I tell ya.


This was a yummy meal!!!! I had never had Swiss Cheese Lasagna. Taylor assured me it was very yummy and she wasn't lying!!! (Usually she is a big liar.)
Ingredients:
1 lb. ground beef
1 onion , chopped
1 garlic clove, minced
3 Cups water
1 can (12 oz.) tomato paste
2 teas. salt
1/2 to 1 teas. dried rosemary, crushed
1/4 teas. pepper
1 package (8 oz.) lasagna noodles
8 oz. sliced Swiss cheese
1 carton (12 oz.) small curd cottage cheese
1/2 Cup shredded mozzarella cheese
In a large skillet, cook the beef, onion and garlic over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the water, tomato paste, salt, rosemary and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 30 minutes.
Meanwhile, cook lasagna noodles according to package directions; drain.
In a greased 13 x 9 " baking dish, layer a third of the meat sauce, noodles and Swiss cheese. Repeat layers. Top with cottage cheese and the remaining Swiss cheese, noodles and sauce. Sprinkle with Mozzarella cheese.
Cover ( with a lid or aluminum foil) and bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes. Uncover; bake 10 - 15 minutes longer or until bubbly. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving.
Yield: 12 servings.
This was a great meal for a cold snowy day. Those Swiss Italians sure know what they are doing.

11 comments:

JANE said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
JANE said...

Let me try this again!
Printing it NOW!

tara @ kidz said...

I officially have yodeling in my head now. Thanks a lot. Well I'm on my way to your house, so I'll torture you with it to get back at you. Mwah hah hah (insert evil smirk here).

I'm shocked Tay was telling the truth for once. It's refreshing! ;O)

ann said...

OH MY.DOES THIS LOOK GOOD.I HAVE GOT TO TRY IT.YUMMY.THERE'S SOME THINGS I HAVE TO PICK UP FIRST,I'LL LET YOU KNOW...ANN

sandy said...

That looks so yummy!

Zen Ventures said...

Yum looks really good! I love Lasagna and my last name rhymes with it! lol!

Noah's Mommy said...

looks amazing....

Sera said...

It looks delicious! I will have to try it on a cold winter day. BTW, it is nice and sunny here today. In the high sixties, which is ruining my "eating warm soup while reading on a cold night" routine.

Cynthia said...

It sure looks good. I love lasagne- any kind! Looks like it was a hit around your place too.

MammaDucky said...

28 yrs and y'all are JUST starting to get along. Hey, that's better than what I see in my future. How 'bout I just adopt you instead? mmm-kay?!
Thanks for stopping by!

Creative Mish said...

This looks very yummy@!