When humor goes, there goes civilization. ~Erma Bombeck




February 6, 2009

Applesauce Banana Pancakes

I found Very Funny Friday over at Navel Gazing at its Finest. You can find some very funny stories over there and add your own if you want.


Tara at Too Much Information
is doing Flashback Fridays. I would join in but I don't have a scanner. Just wait until I do.





These pancakes are wonderful!!!! This is my go to pancake recipe whether I want the applesauce and banana's or just butter and syrup this is the recipe you want!

Papa actually becomes giddy when I make these.

Ingredients:

2 Cups flour
2 TBS. sugar
1 teas. salt
1 Cup buttermilk ( or milk but, buttermilk is better)
4 teas. baking powder
8 eggs ( yes 8 )
6 TBS. vegetable oil
Applesauce, banana's, powdered sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg.

Stir together dry ingredients in a large bowl. Combine eggs , oil and milk in blender, when well blended add dry ingredients. Blend well. The batter is so thick I have to blend it on high for a minute, scrape down batter from the sides of blender and blend again.

On a large lightly greased griddle or frying pan or whatever, pour enough batter to spread into an 8" pancake. Cook until golden brown on the bottom of pancake then flip to the other side. Sometimes because the batter is so thick the middle of the pancake is not cooked. I just slit the pancake with my spatula, let the uncooked batter ooze from slit (sounds real yummy right) then flip pancake again so oozing batter will get cooked. (Got it?) Some of my kids like it gooey in the middle. Go figure.

When cooked spread applesauce on top of pancake. ( as much as you want, this is not rocket science)
Then top with sliced banana's. Sprinkle with powdered sugar, then cinnamon, then nutmeg.

This is a great way to start the day!

Enjoy!!!!!

12 comments:

Kristina P. said...

Holy crap! What are you trying to do to me?!?!

Oh, and I just noticed your Chuck-A-Rama picture. I did a post about going there for Thanksgiving. It was actually quite good.

Mrs. Jelly Belly said...

Oh mah holy H-E-double hockey sticks! That looks SO GOOD. I'm starving right now, so I'm licking the screen. (Don't tell anyone.)

Mama Kat said...

Ummm yum! I wonder what would happen if I substitute the flour for gluten free flour...I just might have to try it!

Pineapple Hill said...

Just looking at that picture made me giddy!

nikkicrumpet said...

OH MAN...even being sick with the flu doesn't stop that from looking good!!!!!!!!!

Debbie said...

That cinnamon looks great sprinkled on there. Never thought of that.

Mimi Sue said...

I do love pancakes and these sound delish. Mimi

The Wife O Riley said...

Matt is the pancake maker and I bet he will love this recipe, and the girls and I will love eating them!

Jenners said...

Oh these sound and look delicious! Yummmmm. I'm getting hungry just looking at them ... but then again, I'm always hungry!

michelle hays said...

ooh. That looks so good! I crave banana pancakes all the time cuz I love a song by Jack Johnson called "banana pancakes." Im totally gonna give these a try.

Live.Love.Eat said...

These look outstanding!!!!! I could crawl back to bed after eating a whole plate. Just what we shouldn't do but man it feels good! Thanks for stopping by!!!!

ann said...

How do you stay so trim????????????????????????????????????????????Ann