When humor goes, there goes civilization. ~Erma Bombeck




February 10, 2009

Baked Salmon


I baked up this big old fillet the other night and Taylor suggested I put it on the blog.
I said "really?" She explained that many of her friends ( Yeah that's right, she disses you guys all the time.) did not know how to fix Salmon.
This is a really simple way of baking it up.
Ingredients:
Salmon Fillet
2 lemons
Salt and Pepper
aluminum foil
I spread enough foil onto a cookie sheet to wrap up the whole fillet.
Put the fillet on the foil, squeeze the juice of 2 lemons all over the fillet, then salt and pepper to taste.
Bake at 350 degrees
The baking time is the trickiest part of this recipe.
I bake a big fillet like that one pictured about an hour. I check it after about 40 to 45 minutes because you don't want it to dry out.
When you check it prick it with a fork right in the middle, if the meat flakes off onto the fork it is done baking. If it doesn't seem baked enough for your liking leave it in for a few more minutes.
When the fish is done baking I love to squeeze more lemon juice on it and a little more salt and pepper.(No I don't squeeze a little more salt and pepper on it, smarty pants! I shake a little more salt and pepper on it.) I love the fresh taste of Salmon, in fact I wish I had some right now.
Tonight I was too tired and Taylor is having contractions (not good) so Papa being the big
spender he is went to Taco Bell.
He told us we could have anything on the menu that cost 79 cents. Ummmm let's see bean burrito's were 79 cents in 1990.
We convinced him to let us have something that at least cost 99 cents. He went into spasms but allowed it.
I had 1/2 of a bean burrito.
It wasn't that great.
I do however, have a tummy load of gas that I am going to share with Papa later tonight during our special time.

18 comments:

Kristina P. said...

I LOVE salmon, but my husband does not. Who care about him. I'm making it!

Jolene said...

That looks delicious! Thanks for sharing. I've cooked fillets like this before but instead of lemon juice, I used Italian dressing, and it was very good!

Mimi Sue said...

Your salmon looks good. I know what you mean about Taco Bell. I used to be able to eat there. Not so much anymore. Hard on the tummy. Mimi

tara @ kidz said...

My run-down on this post:

The salmon - delish.

Papa went into spasms - hilarious.

The 99 cent limit - hilarious.

The tummy load of gas - gross.

You n Papa's special time - way gross.

Mrs. Jelly Belly said...

Thanks for this tip - I'm always looking for easy ways to make salmon since my husband won't eat it - and I can make it for myself while he has his hamburger helper.

Unloading your 99 cent taco bell gas during your special time? Hilarious!!

Carole said...

My family loves salmon, I dont but i eat it anyways. i will try this it looks easy!

Yuck, Taco Bell BUT you didnt have to cook...LOL
How is Taylor????

carole
xoxo

sandy said...

I have an award for you on my blog!
http://just4funwithsandy.blogspot.com/2009/02/im-blushing.html

Noah's Mommy said...

Looks amazing...and I am horrible at cooking Fish....I think I can handle this one...thanks

Amanda said...

Yummmy! I do the exact same thing but I add lots of dill ;)

Stephanie said...

Mmmm! Salmon is one of my favorites if it's cooked right. I'll have to give your recipe a try! Thanks for sharing!

I tagged you on my blog, so stop by when you get the chance. ;)

andy said...

I love that you talk about your gaseous emissions. And beans plus me? Look. out.

Maybe you could just come stay with me for a week and teach me how to cook?

And what the holy heck is Chuck-a-rama? I'm going to google.

andy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Mona said...

Now there's a good woman! What a lucky guy..to have a wife that shares!! LOL

Love wild salmon..looks wonderful!

Andrea said...

The fish looks delish.

Pineapple Hill said...

ditto Miss Andrea:)

Yaya said...

Yum yum, love me some salmon!

ann said...

wELL WHO ATE THE SALMON???????????ANN

Lisa Loo said...

My husband goes salmon fishing almost every year. I am always begging people to take it out of my freezer---yuck! Maybe I will have to try this. Tummy load of gas to share during our special time--you kill me!!