When humor goes, there goes civilization. ~Erma Bombeck




February 2, 2009

Cat Like Reflexes

I was late for water aerobics last Friday. Which was fine, it was all good. Until I got to the pool and received my usual greeting by some of the class members. Old bags!!



The bad thing about it is, this is how they portray themselves. To everyone else. I actually think they are trying to gaslight me. (trying to make me think I'm crazy)

I swear the one on the left is a man, her swimsuit bulges in places it shouldn't too.



This is their leader. The real trouble maker. I swear if her hair got wet she would melt, and if she doesn't watch it.....well her hair is gonna get wet!! Ummmmm Hmmmm. I decided to just ignore them all. I stayed on the back row for awhile but, I couldn't see the teacher so I decided since most of them were just standing there playing around, I would move up to the second row.


That's when the leader, who was right in front of me, in the front row.




Turns, looks at me, turns back to her friends and said " Yeah Carol decided sitting on the back row watching all the new comers take over is a bunch of baloney!!!" Then she started to laugh. I thought to myself "Watch yourself old lady!" Her friends just kind of stood there.


I thought " You wanna act catty, I will SHOW you catty!' That's when I turned into a Tiger.



Yep, this is what I looked like. I was so mad. Next thing she knew I was all up in her shizzle. (I don't know if that is how you spell shizzle.)


I planted myself right next to the old wind bag. Her friends retreated to the back row. Where they belong I might add. They moved so fast..... I had no idea they could move so fast! Anyway she (the leader) did not even notice. When she did, she looked a little shocked. She hung in there next to me for awhile, couldn't handle it, she went to the back row with her cronies. Where she belongs too!!!!!!!!! I can't stand mean people. I won't abide it I tell ya. Just try and cut in front of me when I am in a line of some sort!


Anyway.... I just hope she doesn't bring her daughters next time.


They may give me a little more run for my money. Heck they might sit on me or something.


The pictures may not be the real people,but the story is true. Who knew water aerobics could be such an ugly sport!







Speaking of fat girls, I have posted pictures of my Cream Cheese Brownies. YUM!!!!!!!!!!!!

19 comments:

Kristina P. said...

Wow, you really needed to put a warning after that last picture.

My eyes, my eyes!!

Hello Mary Lou said...

LOL...that's why I avoid people.

Pineapple Hill said...

I'm throughly entertained. You are sooo funny. I don't know why SOME people have to be that way~

ann said...

I like the one in green myself.I do hope these poor things aren't real,here we are laughing at them.You crack me up woman.Now lets go have a brownie...ann

ann said...

I like the one in green myself.I do hope these poor things aren't real,here we are laughing at them.You crack me up woman.Now lets go have a brownie...ann

Carolyn said...

Wow, I will never look at the water aerobics class at the Y the same again.

The brownies look amazing!!!

I may have to stop at the store and get some cream cheese.

Carolyn said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sparcam said...

I swear I could be related to the girls in the last picture! Especially after looking at the pictures of the brownies! Awesome...what's a shizzle??
Thanks for a good giggle today and you really should blog about the gall bladder with a heart beat! I had to read it twice before it completely clicked!

Mama Wheaton said...

I was really enjoying your story until that last picture that just took my eyesight away. Did you have to post that one?

nikkicrumpet said...

rofl....SHIZZLE? You totally crack me up. I'm so freaking glad I found your blog. Loved the pictures...and lets go easy on that last one...because I'd look just like that in a bikini so now HARSH WORDS people!

The Wife O Riley said...

GET OUT OF TOWN!!! "Mean Girls" in water aerobics?? You would have thought they would have grown out of it by now.

Don't take any of their crap! Get all up in in Shizzle!

Debbie said...

I had that last picture in a post a while back! Isn't it great? And yes, you may borrow my gold bikini for this class. Teach those girls some lessons.

Keri said...

Judas Priest Nana!!! You're killing me! I'll need to borrow a Poise pad from my Nana before I read about your next episode of water aerobics. You had me rollin' fo shizzle N-Crizzle!

Lisa Loo said...

AHHHHHHHH!!! DISCLAIMER__WARNING__SOMETHING__ANYTHING__ NEEDED__FOR__LAST__PICTURE!!!! Its like seared into my eyelids--everytime I close my eyes--AAAHHHHHH--there it is!! AHHHHH!! There it is again!!!!!

Actually--I should probably be asking who it as at my house gave you this picture of me and my shizzles. I gotta find me out what that means......

WOw--who knew water aerobics was..well.. so aerobic?! Here kitty, kitty, kitty......

PRETTY IN PARIS said...

Hi Nana, Thanks for your sweet message on my blog. I am so glad to have discovered you site. I enjoy the articles and appreciate the humor SO much. Wonderful connecting Nana and looking forward to staying touch from time to time.
Have a great day, BB

Mona said...

I can't keep up with the blogs I'm following now..but I could NOT pass this one up!! First of all you would NEVER catch me in a bathing suit at this age..so I have to hand it to them for that, or, of course they could be grasping at straws by taking the class. IF the story is true ...lol .. they HAVE to be jealous of you. I mean they need all the friends they can get. Some of theirs HAVE to be dying off. I know... cuz it's happening to me!
Geez!
Mona

Andrea said...

Yikes! I would have never thought water aerobics ladies could be so mean.

Bonnie the Boss said...

Okay, I just about peed my pants when you said "Shizzle"! How funny! You keep the old bats in line!

Jamie said...

Nana, that picture just ain't right....why you gotta do that to us? I'll forgive you this time ;-)