When humor goes, there goes civilization. ~Erma Bombeck




February 15, 2009

Chicken Enchiladas











Sorry about the weird angle there, but I don't have time to go back and fix it, so just deal.
Whenever we are cooking in our house this is where you will find Two Dot our dog.


















This is my favorite Chicken Enchilada recipe. I have many and I have decided this is the only one I am going to make anymore. Taylor gave me this recipe and it is a keeper!!! This is tasty and pretty easy so give it a try.
Before I go on I want to say Thank you for all the sweet things you all have said to me concerning the testing I have been having done as of late. The truth of the matter is I may not know for a very long time if this is something I have. It is very hard to diagnose at first so we will just forget about it for a while. If my tests I have just had done come back saying anything I will let you know for sure.
Meanwhile life goes on and we must eat so here ya go.
Ingredients:
Cooked Chicken I like to bake up 2 to 3 chicken breasts for this recipe. Then I take off the skin and chop it up as in the picture.
Flour Tortillas
3 chopped green onions
4 Cups Monterrey Jack Cheese
1/2 Cup butter
8 TBS. Flour
4 Cups Chicken Broth
Melt the butter, Add the flour. When mixed, slowly add chicken broth, stirring constantly so it will all mix well. Then add:
1 pint sour cream
1 small can diced green chile's
Mix thoroughly.
Pour enough white sauce in a 9 x 13" pan to cover bottom of pan .
In tortillas put 1/4 cup chicken, sprinkle a little green onion on chicken then some Monterrey Jack Cheese. Roll tightly set in pan, seam side down.
Do this until your pan is full. Then pour remaining white sauce over enchiladas. Take remaining cheese and sprinkle over white sauce. Cover with foil and bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes or until bubbly

I hope this makes sense as Taylor's recipe card was almost as fun to read as my mom's recipe cards are. Any of you who follow this blog know that can be pretty interesting.
I hope you all like these as much as we do!!!!!!!!!!!!


8 comments:

Kristina P. said...

I have been obsessed with enchiladas lately. These look delicious!

Alexis AKA MOM said...

Yummy Nana, I will have to try that. I know the boys will love them!

Take care of yourself and have a peacefull Sunday :)

Mimi Sue said...

I love enchiladas and this recipe sounds pretty good. My husband gave me a Happy Anniversary card for my birthday one year. He doesn't have a good excuse like Alzheimers either. Mimi

Sparcam said...

Oh, yum! I made tortilla soup tonight that was awesome...chicken enchiladas are lookin' great for tomorrow night!

Mrs. Jelly Belly said...

I have never made chicken enchiladas using anything other than enchilada sauce, so this looks really good. I'm putting it on the menu for this week. Thanks!

Amanda said...

Hmmm, I might have to give that one a try, thanks!

Anne Fannie said...

Thanks for this awesome recipe!

ann said...

Oh yum.....as you know,we don't eat chicken(Roo),but these look delish...Ann