When humor goes, there goes civilization. ~Erma Bombeck




February 25, 2009

German Pancakes

As you well know by now if you follow this blog is that I am a butterholic. I have started a 12 step program...... right to the fridge. This pancake is full of butter, so be prepared. I am tired and have a mad cold so I am just going to get on with this.

We love German Pancakes at our house. I hope you will like them at yours.

Ingredients:

1 Cup Milk
1 Cup flour
6 eggs
1/2 to 1 teas. salt
1/2 Cup butter ( 8 TBS.)

Preheat oven to 450 degrees.

Slice butter and put pieces in a 9 x 13" pan. Put in oven and melt the butter. Take out of oven, set aside.
With blender combine eggs, milk, flour and salt. Pour into melted butter and put back in the oven for 20 - 30 minutes.

The pancake will puff up in the oven. Take a good look at it, because as soon as you take it out most of it will deflate. I mean it takes a minute but it will deflate. I tell you this so you won't feel like a failure when it collapses.

Serve with Syrup, milk and wet wipes.


17 comments:

Kristina P. said...

I think Ihop is calling my name because I'm too lazy to actually make these.

Amanda said...

Hello, my name is, Amanda and I too, am a butteraholic.

This sounds so good I'm gonna make it tomorrow, thanks Nana!

3 Bay B Chicks said...

You are going to make me fat, Nana, with all of this goodness each and everytime I visit your site.

I'm back from the spa. You'll be glad to know that I've been waxed in all the right places. However, I don't think I'll show off my clean self to you this time. Seems like I flashed a bit too much the last time I stopped by for a Pepsi.

-Wenda

Kathy B! said...

Oh Nana! First the pork chops (which I'm happy to report were delectable and loved by all six of us!!) and now this. YUM! I can't wait to try this.

As for butter, I don't think you can ever have too much butter!!

Pineapple Hill said...

I'm a butteraholic too. That must be why we love these. We call the puff pancakes. True they de-puff and I did think I did something terribly wrong the first time I made them. Yum!

Bobbi Jo said...

These are great filled with apple filling. Oh my goodness I have to make this soon. Hugs, Bobbi Jo

Mimi Sue said...

We love these pancakes. We love them with real lemon juice squeezed over them and then powder sugar sprinkled. Tastes like a lemon bar sort of. Your wedding day adventures were hilarious. When I think of my fil and mil doing it I get kind of woozy. Ewwww. Mimi

Jennifer said...

I keep POUNDS of butter in my freezer.Salted and Un. I get severe anxiety if my butter supply runs low... You have outstanding recipes. Thanks for sharing them!
Jennifer

Live.Love.Eat said...

Oh cool. I made these a few months back and never posted it. Mine were called Hootenanies. Something like that!

Tomarie said...

Oh yum!! This looks so delish! I added myself to your followers list but now I'm not so sure if that was a good idea...I will always be hungry after leaving! LOL :-)
I wanted to come by and thank you for such sweet comments about my posts! It is truly appreciated!
I'll be coming back! Laura

Lilly's Life said...

That looks devine. Butter? Butter is bad for you? No way! Having German heritage I must give this a go. I love your sense of humor and you look too young to be a grandmother to so many. I cant wait for grandkids.

Amanda said...

Ok, Nana, I made these for dinner tonight and I just have to say, they are my new favorite thing!! Thank you so much for sharing!

Holly said...

Yum! That looks amazing! Even just looking at it makes me feel really hungry! :D

Sparcam said...

Do you hear it, Nana? It's the sound of my arteries SLAMMING shut! Oh, but I will go with a very satisfied, buttery smile on my face. Thanks for sharing!

Wsprsweetly Of Cottages said...

It looks GREAT! But..will I be alright? I mean I just hate the feeling of failure!! Ah hates it!! You must have been mighty quick with that camera cuz it looks gorgeous!
:) Mona

Lisa Loo said...

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm--love me some buttah and pancakes!!!

Yaya said...

This is a favorite in my family!