When humor goes, there goes civilization. ~Erma Bombeck




February 14, 2009

Happy Birthday To My Husband

Mom called me today she had just gotten off the phone with a good friend of hers. This friends husband has Alzheimer's. The friend told mom she was so thrilled that her hubby had remembered to get her a Valentine.

The happiness turned to hilarity when she opened the card and read .....

Happy Birthday To My Husband

She told mom "I told you he only thinks of himself."

Needless to say, said husband is receiving that same card back on his birthday. He won't know the difference.

I can't wait to get old!

13 comments:

Kristina P. said...

Too funny!

JANE said...

Oh yeah!

michelle hays said...

Your blogs never fail to surprise me. You are so funny.

The Wife O Riley said...

That is hysterical!! Men are so selfish!

Mrs. Jelly Belly said...

Funny! And kind of sweet.

MiMi said...

Awww..He was trying at least. As we say down here in the south; "Bless his little heart"

nikkicrumpet said...

THat is TOO funny! Now there's a gift that keeps on giving lol

wife.mom.nurse said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog ")

This post is cracking me up. Love that card!

Julie

Live.Love.Eat said...

Oh that's cute. I bought a card to our 5 yo son from us BUT I accidentally had my 5 yo sign it as if we were giving it to my husband and then it just hit me. But, what's my excuse????????

Debbie said...

That is funny, sweet, and sad - all at the same time.

Amanda said...

That is too funny! Poor guy, it must be hard.

ann said...

Bless his poor heart.He was trying...Ann

Sparcam said...

This is probably in very bad taste, but it's funny...

What's the best thing about having Alzheimer's?

You get to meet new people every day!!