When humor goes, there goes civilization. ~Erma Bombeck




February 26, 2009

Master Painter

This is my brother Kip, as you can see he loves to paint. He uses a different technique then most of the rest of us. To him using a paint brush is wasteful, he would rather use his own body hair, which as you can also see he has plenty of.

Anyway he did before it was clean up time and, well let's just say all the hair he has left now is his eyebrows. Who paints naked any how? I am starting to feel that my family is a little to free with our naked selves. Kip is a newly wed though so I think he's pretty much naked all the time.
And I must say what women wouldn't want to come home and see her man in all his glory throwing paint on the walls? I think it was a very romantic gesture. I see that he very nicely painted around the electrical socket there, and then just must have thought throwing it would be an easier route to follow. Hmmmmm. Interesting. He should have framed that part and told his new wife Allison it was some sort of love art or something.

I happen to know though that her favorite part of the newly painted room was the freshly painted bed (I think he was planning something kinky for later!) and carpet.You know I have never thought to paint my carpet, he is always on the cutting edge of style. He has told us for years that he was a Master Painter. I never believed him. I feel badly for misjudging his abilities.
Do you know what else is great? He is an Engineer for the railroad yes, he's one of the guys driving the BIG LONG TRAINS you see zooming by along the railroad tracks. I know I myself feel even more secure about his driving the train abilities now more than ever, after seeing what he can do with a can of paint.
He will paint your home too if you mention my name when you call him. He has a very exclusive clientele, so make SURE you remember to mention my name now. His number is 555-555-5555. There you go. Remember to pick a good color too.


17 comments:

Kristina P. said...

Oh my gosh! How did that happen?!?!? I would freak out!!

Jolene said...

Whoa, what happened? That's gonna leave a stainn.

Jolene said...

Uh, I meant stain.

Amanda said...

Oh, my, word_what happened?! Nana, you make me laugh so hard! Did he have a seizure, does he live in Utah too, cause if he's having seizures I need his train route so that I know to stay safely away from all train tracks when he's out conducting!

Pineapple Hill said...

What in the world ~ That looks so crazy! You are hilarious.

Jolene said...

LOL Oh my goodness, so if I call him, he'll come over and naked-paint my carpet and bed? hmmm I don't know about that. LOL

Jolene said...

Oh yeah, forgot to say: poor little ladder. It never even knew what was coming....

Mrs. Jelly Belly said...

I think a combination of naked painting and newlywed shenanigans probably caused that large paint spatter. LOL

You are quite the promoter for your brother's business. I think I'll call him. How does he do with kitchens? :)

Susie said...

Wow! If I came home to that, my head would have exploded!

Thanks for stopping by my blog today and leaving such sweet comments! I hope to see you back there soon:-)

Kathy B! said...

Holy exploding paint can!

I'm assuming the ladder broke on him! I'm assuming he's okay or you wouldn't be stickin' it to him on your blog : ) Don't you just adore it when your family so generously provides you with great blog content?

Carole said...

Holy COW! I have to say its one for the books. they will laugh about it in years to come, maybe..LOL

carole
xoxo

The Veale's said...

Oh Tammy....that was so funny to read through. Please let me that didn't really happen! I was laughing the whole way through. You have a very funny way of telling stories!

Cynthia said...

For the love of all that's Holy! That's one way to make sure she'll NEVER request that he paint anything again. I'm assuming new carpet/flooring is in the plan anyway?

It's especially funny for me to read this right now because I am literally taking a break from preparing my girls room for paint today. It's taken me HOURS to clean and spackle and GET READY for paint. Oh dear.

Who knew I'm actually doing it wrong! If only I had more body hair but sadly I shaved my legs just last night. What was I thinking!

I'm not sure if we all want to see the finished product or not!

nikkicrumpet said...

THAT was freaking hilarious! I sure would love to have you around to MOCK me when I made a big boo boo! Yikes...what a mess. Can anyone say I N S U R A N C E claim!

Debbie said...

For some reason, I can't get that number to work for me. Can you just have him call me because I love his work:)

Live.Love.Eat said...

OK< we really need to know the true story behind all this.

3 Bay B Chicks said...

What I want to know is whether Nana's husband paints naked. Is this the secret to a happy and long marriage?

Nana, marriage advice, if you please.

-Francesca