When humor goes, there goes civilization. ~Erma Bombeck




February 22, 2009

Pork Chops In Mustard Cream Sauce

This is the finished product. I want you to know this is Papa's plate full of food, mine was much bigger.
I had my trusty helpers. This is not what they looked like after church however. Henry was having a melt down, did not want me to put him in his car seat, went straight as a board, was kicking me, (yeah I smacked him on the leg. That's my story and I'm sticking to it. He broke my necklace too. The ride home was H, E, oh who am I kidding HELL! P.J. master of fit throwing was actually telling Henry " Just take a breath and Let it Go, Henry." It did not help!
When we got home P.J. proceeded to pitch a fit about changing his clothes. I was not in a good mood! P.J. soon found that out. Fit subsided! Everyone was happy to help with dinner though, they loved me again.


This is the Mustard Sauce and it is Oh so delicious, unless you are P.J. He didn't like the grass (Rosemary) in it and proceeded to make our meal H, E, whatever, HELL!! Henry was hilarious because he would take a bite of Asparagus, he then looked like bitter beer face, his body would spasm, then he would take another bite. DUH! You know Wenda has been here all day and these boys just were not on their best behaviour, plus she brought some guy she met at church back here! The nerve.
Wenda and boyfriend didn't starve at this meal if you know what I mean. Oink Oink.


This is a picture of the chops simmering in the broth. Mmmmmmm
Here is the recipe:
Ingredients:
I doubled the recipe and well it's good I did. I won't mention any names.
1/4 Cup plus 2 teas. flour, divided
1/2 teas. salt
1/4 teas. pepper
4 pork loin chops, trimmed
2 TBS. vegetable oil
1/2 pound fresh mushrooms sliced. I only had canned mushrooms and they worked great.
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 Cup beef broth
1/2 teas. dried rosemary, crushed. Oh, I forgot to crush mine. It was great anyway.
1/4 Cup 1/2 and 1/2 or whole milk
1/4 Cup sour cream
1 TBS. Dijon mustard
In a large resealable plastic bag, combine 1/4 cup flour, salt and pepper. Add pork chops, one at a time, and shake to coat. In a large skillet, brown chops in oil over medium-high heat for 3-4 minutes on each side. Remove and set aside.
In the same skillet, saute mushrooms and garlic for 3 minutes. Add broth and rosemary, bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low, return pork to pan. Cover and simmer for 1 hour or until meat is very tender. Remove pork and keep warm.
In a small bowl, combine the half and half, sour cream, mustard and remaining flour until smooth. Pour into skillet. Bring to boil, cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Serve over pork chops.
I also made mashed potatoes. Mmmmmmm.
Then I made this Heavenly Cake.

This is a picture of my version of "Almond Joy Cake" as you can see I did not have any almonds and I barely had enough pecans to make it worth while, but the cake is DELISH!!!! I got the recipe from mynew30.blogspot.com/ She has pictures of this cake that are much better than mine. In fact it is a beautiful blog. She is a foodie like me, so if you are a foodie go get this recipe. I also made her "Chicken and Dumpling Bake" Saturday night for dinner. It was sooo good and sooo easy!

My advice to you is get your butt over there and give her a look.
WHAT? Wenda has a pair of my jammies on. I better go make sure the misfit she dragged home from church is out of here.


Have a great night!

18 comments:

Mrs. D Lightful said...

That looks delicious! Thanks for sharing!

Kristina P. said...

Wow, I love pork chops, mushrooms, and asparagus! This is right up my alley!

Lisa Loo said...

Yummy stuff but my favorite was the bitter beer face---I'm not sure I am aquainted with that one. Could you demonstrate it for us?

Stesha said...

Today is a very big day in the Where’s Wenda? Contest. I am visiting all of the SITS followers. Can I do it? There are around 1000 followers. Oh my! Better grab my cup of coffee and get on my way. Be sure to visit Hot Chocolate Caramel Mocha and Three Bay B Chicks as part of your contest entry. -Wenda

Yaya said...

Those are some cute helpers!

nikkicrumpet said...

Dinner looked yummy...the fit pitching not so much lol. And I bet she had him out of there...cuz she has to be skeeered of you!

BoufMom9 said...

LOOKS VERY YUMMY!

PS WENDA HAS BEEN TO 3 OF MY BLOGS :)

Helene said...

You are a riot!! I love your sense of humor (church is where you get the best naps...I totally love that!!) I have one who likes to go stiff as a board too when getting in his carseat. It usually takes one solid push to his gut to get him to bend in half long enough for me to get the straps locked, before he realizes he's lost the battle. Then I get to listen to him scream during the whole ride.

The pork chops look yummy!!!!!

Bonnie the Boss said...

OOOH it looks do delish! I am going to have to try it!

Jamie said...

Yummy de-lish Nana...that looks awesome! Not a big fan of the grass myself, hehe...but the mustard sauce looks wonderful! Those fits are never fun, hope your necklace can be fixed!!

And I just spotted Wenda hanging around here, yippee!!

Jamie :-)

Pineapple Hill said...

Yum! That looks soooo good.

Emma said...

I might be a little daft but who the heck is Wenda???? Don't envy the fits!!!!!!

Kathy B! said...

That Wenda! I can't believe she took your jammies. THAT takes some serious nerve.

On an unrelated note, those pork chops look delish!! I'm totally making that for dinner Wed. night.

hellosweetworld said...

Oh yum! Anything with mustard in it is good in my book.

Stopping by from SITS....have a good Tuesday!

The Wife O Riley said...

I love pork chops but Matt's allergic to pork so I'm never able to make them. Occasionally, my mom will make them for me, I'll pass this recipe on to her.

ann said...

That mustard sauce looks awesome .I am going to try that soon...ann

ann said...

That mustard sauce looks awesome .I am going to try that soon...ann

Lola said...

I usually do pork chops with diced tomatoes and rosemary, but have been looking for something different.This looks delicious, I can't wait to try it.