When humor goes, there goes civilization. ~Erma Bombeck




February 7, 2009

Sissy's Famous Dinner Rolls

Today I talked Sissy into letting me share her coveted dinner roll recipe. It was a tough sale, she did not want to share. (very selfish) Anyway I gave her 5 bucks and she caved. (very cheap)

Here it is, they are always a success (unless you are my mother, very pitiful) and people always beg for the recipe.

As always, Enjoy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Before I leave you I must give you a conversation between my mother and father this very morning:

"Phil what do you think I should do with my hair?"
"Judy, I don't give another thought to your hair."

There's over 50 years of love and caring for you to ponder.

Good Day.






14 comments:

3 Bay B Chicks said...

Hold the phone. Did you call me a weiner in a recent comment, Nana? Don't tell me that curse words manage to escape your mouth from time to time.

I have an all new respect for you, my friend!

-Francesca

The Wife O Riley said...

Now I got my pen and my notebook out to take down another of your awesome recipes! Very funny!

Your parents sound a lot like Matt and I. LOL!!

Rebekah said...

love it! it's one of my favorites too!!

Kristina P. said...

Hey, I use the same recipe!

Mimi Sue said...

Why fight perfection? I bake these almost every Sunday. Home baked, why not? Mimi

JANE said...

Oh yeah, LOL!!

Yaya said...

I don't know, that recipe looks pretty difficult.

Cynthia said...

Snort! That's the only kind of rolls I make. I could never compete with my Mother-in-law. She makes the most amazing rolls ever. She managed a school district bakery for 20 years and has probably made a million lunch lady rolls.

Of course, that was back in the day when the kids actually got fresh, unprocessed foods for lunch. They don't bake anything from scratch anymore. My daughter bit into a breadstick at school lunch 2 weeks ago and it loosened a tooth!

3 Bay B Chicks said...

Nana, you know that I am just messing with you, right? I think your exact quote was..."YOU are a weiner...err... WINNER."

I tease because I just like you so much. :)

-Francesca

Jamie said...

Ooo, thanks Nana...that's one I may actually be able to cook, hehe! And I'm so glad to comment behind you on SITS today because I just LOVE Tara's blog and Kidz, and your little Chloe just makes me smile ear to ear every time I visit. Anyway, thanks for the recipe
:-)
Jamie

Amanda said...

Ahhh, love!

ann said...

Aren't YOU the clever one today.No wonder that man has lived with you sooo long....ann

Sparcam said...

I don't get it.

Sparcam said...

did any one get that i really got it? just checking! ;-)