When humor goes, there goes civilization. ~Erma Bombeck




February 8, 2009

When You See My Baby

When you see my baby, please don't turn away.

I've dressed her up and fixed her hair, so you could talk to her today.


She may not hold her head up, or be able to crawl over and say hello,

but if you will go to her, you will not be disappointed this I know!



Her little body it is fragile. Yes this is very true.

But her eyes, oh how they sparkle, big pools of the color blue.



She will understand when you are speaking, she is very smart you see.

She just cannot verbalize her thoughts the same as you and me.



She will give you a smile that would light up any room.

The love that comes from within her, it really does consume.



You will feel a special sweetness like you have never felt before.

A sweetness , and a caring love, straight from Heaven's door.



Don't be scared or timid, she is just like you and I.

Walk on over to her, it's easy to just say "Hi."


By Tami Bennett

Grandpa Phil and Chloe, my two favorite handicapped people!!!!

21 comments:

Lisa Loo said...

I LOVE that picture!! I am sooo glad to have found you in blog land!! she said--in a non creepy stalkerish way.....

Kristina P. said...

Such a happy picture!

And yeah, the meet and greet is not on the 29th. :) I think you should come!

Mama Wheaton said...

They are both precious!

The Wife O Riley said...

What a beautiful picture! Both of those smiles would light up any room!

nikkicrumpet said...

You are awesome...have I told you that lately? Great post..and the picture is fabulous!

Alexis AKA MOM said...

What a fabulous post and picture! Amazing family you have, they are very lucky to have a wonderful person like you and so are we. Hugs :)

Stephanie said...

I've never seen a picture of Chloe when she's not just shining! Love this pic and this post!

Have a Wonderful Night!

Thanks for sharing... :)

andrew's mom said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog-I love reading kidz-Tara is such an inspirational person-so positive amidst all her trials-you are lucky to know her!

tara @ kidz said...

Thank you, Nana. I love this poem.

Cynthia said...

That sweet little girl just has a glow you can FEEL through her photos. It must be really amazing to experience it IRL.

Carole said...

What a beautiful post! Your great Nana!!!!!

carole
xoxo

Amanda said...

What a beautiful poem! It made me all teary, but then, I'm a sentimental sap.

Mimi Sue said...

Such great advice and a great picture. Mimi

Debbie said...

That is a great photo!

The Norseth Family said...

Good poem! Did you write it yourself? Oh how I love our sweet little Chloe.

Shelly said...

I love this poem--and Chloe is always so beautiful!!

Colleen said...

That was wonderful...even if it made me teary eyed!

ann said...

What a precious poem.and even cuter pic.You know I think they favor.What do you think?...ann

Amanda said...

Again, it got me all teary...

JANE said...

Aw Nana, that's a wonderful poem!!

3 Bay B Chicks said...

Nana, did you write this? I am crying. Such a beautiful tribute to dear, sweet Chloe.

-Francesca