When humor goes, there goes civilization. ~Erma Bombeck




March 12, 2009

Birthday Madness and Sadness

This is my oldest daughter Taylor, she turned 27 yesterday. Wow 27, my oldest is almost 31.

We are glad to have her around, she had a rough start. I'll tell you about it one day.

Happy Birthday Taylor!!!!

It was also our youngest grandson's Birthday. Our little Zeke turned 1. Is it just the hair or do these two look alike? I think Zeke has a little bit of Papa in him.
Izzy took control and showed Zeke the correct way to open presents. I find it hilarious that he is only 1 yet knows to just throw any clothing he received to the curb.

He goes straight for the good stuff!


"Yes I taught him everything he knows."


Loved the cake!



Chloe was visiting with everyone.

Great grandma Bennett, Tara, me, and Chloe. The party was a success!
Now what was not a success yesterday was this. This is the sad part. I just wanted to warn you.
The place where I and others in my family love to purchase Birthday cakes has gone out of business. WHAT??!! I thought my family alone could keep them going for years!
Scandia Kaffe House is no longer with us.
Taylor almost went into labor! I did go into labor!!
Scandia made Marzipan cakes, yes Marzipan....marzipan....marzipan. The best ones in the world.
Well maybe not in the world but, this travesty shows me that our economic woes are worse than I had previously thought.
I truly am beside myself!
I have been mourning for 3 days. I mean whats next?
Hires Hamburger joint?
See's Candy?
V's Chocolates?
CHUCK A RAMA?????????????????
I am terrified. I soon may have no place left to go find my creature comforts.
Well, life goes on, it's always saddest for those of us left behind! I'm sure I will survive. I probably have enough Marzipan flowing through my veins to last a life time, but COME ON!!!!
Pres. Obama are you listening???????????????????


12 comments:

Kristina P. said...

I am shocked that with your mad food skills you don't make your own cakes!!

TMI Tara said...

I agree with Kristina. Get your Marzipan skillz and make Taylor a cake for heck sakes! I like that pic of us with Chloe. Four Bennett girls. What a treasure! Plus I'm looking down, so the double chin's outta site!

Kathy B! said...

Izzy is C-U-T-E!!! I love the pic with the pony tails. She just has this look like she's in charge. Not even a look so much as an aura of authority?! I could be totally off base here, but it just struck me!

Guess what's cookin' in my crockpot as we speak?! Spicy Beef Fajitas from the crockpot. Woo hoo! Sadly, there is no marzipan cake. I'm sorry for your loss, Nana.

The Veale's said...

Ok, so I had to do some catch up. You are so funny and I love reading your silly stories or withdrawls. I agree with the above...you cook so well and you always have different things going on, get a recipe and make a cake. I know you can do it. When you get your recipe we would all like to see your first try at it! The Marzipan I mean!

Sera said...

Sad, no more marzipan cake! Looks like everyone had a fun time at the birthday party! Miss you guys, and when I come back for a visit we will personally make sure See's does not go out of business!

Godiva said...

Hi.
Stopping by through SITS to say hello!

Yaya said...

Your grandkids are SO CUTE!

Grand Pooba said...

Ok, all your grandkids are so cute!

And I agree with Kristina, you've got crazy mad cooking skills woman! You can make your own cakes!

Although I don't even know what Marzipan is so maybe I'm not the one to be scolding here.

Emma said...

first the greek shishkabob now this!! If the Pagoda goes out of business there will be no reason for us to come back to UTAH. family smamly!!!!!!

Bonnie the Boss said...

So sad about the cakes.
I have a brother who's name is Zeke. Is your grandsons name really Ezekial? My brother so fits his name.
Cute kids and it looks like you all had a great time.

nikkicrumpet said...

LOL...it's one thing for unemployment to be up...the market to be down...but don't SCREW WITH NANA'S MARZIPAN!!!! Hey as long as they leave our Pepsi and crushed ice alone then we can survive!

Mrs. Jelly Belly said...

All of your grandchildren are adorable, but I have a special fondness now for Zeke as we share a birthday. :) And our youngest grandson, Xander (new parents today like to go to the end of the alphabet for their kids names, don't they?) had his first birthday on the 10th.