When humor goes, there goes civilization. ~Erma Bombeck




March 10, 2009

Spicy Beef Fajitas from the Crock Pot


Henry kept sneaking the cheese.
I made this for dinner last night and YUMMY!!!
It is a little spicy for the little ones. I just wanted to warn you. P.J. loved it. Henry well, let's just say he was happy there was cheese. He kept telling us it was too spicy, so there is your warning.

Ingredients:
1 beef flank steak ( 1 - 1/2 pounds) Since I have problems paying attention and forgot to write this on my grocery list I bought a roast. I think it was a Cross Rib roast and it turned out great.
2 teas. ground ginger
2 teas. crushed red pepper flakes, this is where I would cut back a little if you are afraid of it being too spicy.
3/4 teas. garlic salt
1/4 teas. pepper
1 sweet red pepper, cut into strips
1 sweet yellow or green pepper, cut into strips
1 can ( 12 0z. cola)
5 green onions, chopped
1/3 cup soy sauce
2 TBS. tomato paste
1 garlic clove, minced
flour tortillas ( 8 inches), warmed
1. In a small bowl, combine the ground ginger, pepper flakes, garlic salt and pepper, rub over steak. Transfer to Crock Pot, add peppers. combine the cola, green onions, soy sauce, tomato paste and garlic, pour over top.
2. Cover and cook on low 6 - 7 hours or until meat is tender. Shred meat with two forks.
Using a slotted spoon, place as much meat as you want on tortilla. Add Shredded cheese, sour cream, salsa, whatever garnishments you want, fold tortilla and enjoy!!!!!!!!!

14 comments:

Kristina P. said...

It looks so good! I love fajitas.

Live.Love.Eat said...

Sounds sooooo good!!!!
Thank you for stopping in today!

Emma said...

Are you admitting to using coke???? Maybe you should of just said pepsi. We all know how you are. ;)

i don't know if mom told you guys or not but Ben will be out there for conference. He will be with mom and dad on sunday and monday. Then he goes home on tuesday.

KelleyAnne said...

Wow. This looks soooo good. Thanks for sharing the recipe!

Lisa Loo said...

YUM!!!!

Mrs. Jelly Belly said...

I make something similar to this and I ALWAYS use a roast (because they're on sale a lot!). But I don't go to as much trouble as you do (I'm lazy). Can of diced tomatoes (the flavored kind), taco seasoning, onion. Yours sounds better. :)

Kathy B! said...

Mmmm. Fajitas! I haven't gone wrong with any of your recipes to date. I'm going to try this and use half the red pepper flakes. The fact that this is done in the crock pot just makes it even better. My crock pot is my only guarantee that that there will be dinner on some nights!

Small House said...

I LOVE CROCK POT RECIPES!!!
Makes coming home from work much happier!!

THANK YOU!!
Have a great day.
Sandra

Bonnie the Boss said...

Dieting makes poop look good, so at the moment, I am salavating over this because it looks way better than poop! How was that for a lame compliment? I am going to try this one.

Debbie said...

Yum! That looks and sounds great.

3 Bay B Chicks said...

Just goes to show that all good things really do come from a crock pot! Great recipe.

I have to tell you that your comments lately have been cracking me up. Am I to infer that you won't be accompanying me to the Briteny concert? C'mon now, Nana. You know we'll have a blast. I'll even bring the Diet Pepsi.

-Francesca

PS: Oh, and I am trying to follow your advice about staying "clean." It is just so hard. Hard liquor is my friend.

I am Harriet said...

Hi.
I'm just passing by via SITS.
Have a great day!

Ryan Ashley Scott said...

Oh, man this looks delicious. I have to stop looking at food posts after dinner. Makes me hungry all over again.

Over from 3 Bay B Chicks "ask dad" post - your comment about being the oldest made me cackle out loud (I'm #1, too).

CJ, the Purple Diva said...

WOW, this looks so dang good! I can't wait to try it!