When humor goes, there goes civilization. ~Erma Bombeck




March 31, 2009

Tater Taco Casserole.... and a few more pictures

I made this on the kids behalf the other night, and we all liked it a lot.
It's a quick and easy meal, add a green salad and you've got it made.

Ingredients:

2 lbs ground ground beef
1 medium onion chopped
1 envelope taco seasoning
2/3 cup water
1 can ( 11 0z.) whole kernel corn, drained
1 can ( 11 0z.) condensed fiesta nacho cheese soup, undiluted
1 package ( 32 oz.) frozen Tater Tots

1. In a skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink, drain. Stir in taco seasoning and water. Simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes. Stir in corn and soup.

2. Transfer to a greased 13 X 9 in. baking dish. Arrange Tater Tots in a single layer over the top. Bake, uncovered, at 350 degrees for 30 -35 minutes or until potatoes are crispy and golden brown.



On another note. Yesterday as I was preparing to put a roast in the crock pot for French Dip Sandwiches, I thought Hmmmm maybe I should put two in. It's a good thing I did because almost the whole family showed up for dinner. They hear French Dip and they are here!!!



Chloe was in a very giggly mood and she loved her butterfly bandanna. Her mother dubbed her the Butterfly Bandit. Now you are about to see the two moods of Chloe. We have happy and giggly and.....

this. Her mother had the nerve to put her in the high chair.


We also had entertainment. I caught these two going at it. They crack me up.





Little Will sleeps through it all. Look at that precious little hand.


Yep, he wasn't impressed with any of us. BTW we made sure Papa had on a decent outfit this morning before he left for work!





15 comments:

The Wife O Riley said...

If I would have heard French Dip, I would have been there too!

Boy, you have beautiful grandchildren!!

Kathy B! said...

I'd be there now if I thought there was any French Dip (or tater tot casserole for that matter). Nana, I'm trapped in the hotel, the kids are sleeping, I'm starving, and I don't want to sell a kidney to pay for room service! Why are you taunting me with food posts?! Good thing you threw the cute kiddo-s in there or I might've been grumpy :)

Mama Wheaton said...

You need to pass on the receipe for French Dip, I know I could use one!

JANE said...

Man those 2 crack me up, what entertainment!
Love the hand!!!
I'm so glad you dressed papa before he left the house today!!
And , what did you make him wear?
Stripes and polka-dots, LOL!!

Amanda said...

It's a good thing the little guy sleeps though it all...otherwise he'd never get any rest!

The Veale's said...

Sounds easy and yummy! Where is the French Dip recipe? I need to know...ok I'm waiting! Tammy are you there?

Mimi Sue said...

OK that recipe sounds like something the grandkids would all eat. And I apologize, Nana. I forgot (I do that a lot lately) that you had already done a scrap thing. So do not worry. I had lots of trouble thinking up 10 things about me interesting or not. Mimi

Debbie said...

Forget the casserole. I'll just nibble on those delicious fingers:)

Grand Pooba said...

Ok, that's my favorite casserole!

What a silly Butterfuly Bandit!

wendy said...

I just want to snuggle up on that baby. don't ya just love playing with the grandkids!!

TMI Tara said...

It's official: anorexia, here I come. I can't handle seeing another fat pic of me - ever again! But Chloe sure is cute!!! Oh, and those other munchkins are ok too. ;o)

KelleyAnne said...

Would you believe I've never had that casserole. I know I'd love it. Gotta try that recipe! Love those sugar babies!!!

ann said...

Now this i gotta try,but wouldn't you know it,i'm out of tater tots.I wonder about fresh potatoes,whatcha think?Ann

Yaya said...

That "entertainment" pic is hilarious!!!! Hahahaha!

And Tara ONLY posts the smiling pics of Chloe, so it's nice to see she's not smiles ALL the time! Lol!

Alexis AKA MOM said...

Tatter tot casserole is one of my favs! I've never done a taco theme one! I'll have to try it, the boys would love it.

P.S. Love the pictures :)