When humor goes, there goes civilization. ~Erma Bombeck




April 14, 2009

Don't MAKE Me Come Back There!!!!

Remember this? Well times it by two and you kind of have a sense of what has gone on around here today. Both P.J. and Henry (as seen above) woke up in terrible moods. Taylor ( mother to children of the corn) and I went to the gym and walked the track. Devil children were sent to the play room with the baby sitters. Of course there they were good.

On the way home this ensued in the back of the mini van. We did not look like the obviously drug induced mother in this picture.


Taylor had a very one sided conversation with her boys while speeding down the freeway.

"Henry keep your hands to yourself."

"Henry KEEP YOUR hands to yourself!" P.J. is screaming in the background.

"HENRY KEEP YOUR HANDS TO YOURSELF!!!!!!"


"P.J. don't touch Henry."

"P.J.!!!!!!"

"P.J. I CAN SEE YOU!!!!!!!"


Then it happened......




I pulled out the old "DON'T MAKE ME COME BACK THERE!!"


Dead Silence for about 1, 2, 3, seconds.


Then it started all over again. Since I do not make idle threats (something I thought these two had caught on to by now) I had to go wedge my big butt between their two car seats. Finally some quiet.


Until we got in the house. P.J. was being naughty and had to go to time out . This is a leather chair in my living room. He knows if he sits quietly he will get out of time out sooner than later, but does he sit quietly? NO!


This is the scenario: AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH deep breath AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH deep breath AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH deep breath AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH. After about 20 minutes he was exhausted and realized he wasn't going anywhere and shut up. I also had told him I was going to put him down in the storage room with the Halloween decorations. We fed him lunch. I gave him a cup of cough medicine and he took a nice long nap.


Then Taylor gave Henry some cough medicine, just 1/2 a cup and I proceeded to lay him down.


I tucked him in and told him to close his eyes. He did, then pronounced it was dark. I explained it was supposed to be dark when we close our eyes blah blah blah.... He closed them again. "It's dark. I want mommy." Mommy was on the couch nursing the baby. I told him " just lay here a minute and mommy will come in." I had to repeat that at least 15 times. Then I smothered him with my pillow, problem solved. Don't get your panties in a twist it was just a sweet daydream, he is still living. He finally fell asleep.


Two hours later they woke up and the whole thing started over again. YAY! I love being a grandma.



20 comments:

Alexis AKA MOM said...

LOL Nana you crack me up! They cycle never ends does it? ha-ha

The Wife O Riley said...

Substitute Emerson and Vivi for PJ and Henry and you have my exact conversations. I glad I'm not the only one that has those day dreams. LOL!

JANE said...

Oh this is sooo funny!! I have literaly pulled over on the side of the highway, gottn out and climbed in the back of my van to threaten my boys, it worked!!
Now, for older children would you recommend 2 or 3 cups of cough syrup????

Kristina P. said...

I thought grandmas had all the benefits of being fun, having them for a short period of time, and then sending them back to their parents when they are naughty.

3 Bay B Chicks said...

I couldn't sleep tonight, so I got up to do some long overdue blog reading and commenting. As I sit here, drinking my coffee, I actually started choking when when I got to the "gave him a cup of cough medicine" line, I was laughing so hard. Oh, Nana, I adore you. This very well may be my most favorite post ever.

You can babysit my kids anytime. When should I come over?

-Francesca

Mrs. Jelly Belly said...

I, too, laughed so hard at the cup of cough medicine line that I actually snorted. Snorted! Very unladylike.

When my kids got like that (and if I wasn't in a drug-induced stupor due to my own cup of cough syrup that got me through the day) I would literally pull the car over, get out and sit on the curb until they promised to KNOCK IT OFF. This confused the heck out of them. I only had to do it twice before they realized I really would do it when I threatened it. Ha! Good times, good times.

Debbie said...

Try two cups of cough syrup next time. I think they have weakened the stuff over the years.

Punkn said...

So what do you do when they actually have a cough? LOL. That was too funny. Been there, done that.

Amanda said...

I am laughing so hard over here! Tami, you are always good for a laugh.

Cough medicine before naps huh? Any particular brand, lol.

nikkicrumpet said...

Wasn't it you who taught us about duct tape?????

Grand Pooba said...

Obviously you didn't do the whole smother with a pillow thing right. You can't use a feather pillow!

Keri said...

Kids, you gotta love 'em!

Sparcam said...

Nana!
You won!!!!

Email me your snail mail info and a scent choice and I will send it on!

sparcam@aol.com

Yahoo!!! Thanks for playing along!

Jessica said...

Lol Funny stuff! 'The Look' always worked for me to get me to straighten up!

Thanks for the comment love!

Midwest Mommy said...

I love that you threatened the closet with the Halloween decorations, lol! Seriously sounds like something my mom would threaten the kids with, lol!

Kathy B! said...

Haha! I was just going to post the same thing as Debbie! I swear the stuff isn't as potent as it used to be! Either that or I've over used the trick and they're used to it :)

Mimi Sue said...

A new generation of backseat fights! My kids are getting some of what they gave me. Love the cough syrup idea. You should write a book. Mimi

ann said...

problem solver.get you a fly swatter and USE it...ann

wileyfamilyof5 said...

I found you through Many. I can totally relate. I love your blog.

Lisa Loo said...

Wow--I use to think I WANTED to be a Grandma.....

I thought I was the only one who used the phrase--children of the corn...

I find that it usually takes 3/4 of a cup of cough medicine and a roll of duct tape to properly prepare for nap time---and thats just for me..

As usual--you kill me!!

Sorry--I don't know how I missed this one--I usually race right over like some pathetic blog stalker everytime you post! I have been trying to get to the 100 post thing so I can have a giveaway and this posting everyday thing has me all out of sorts.

Hope all is well!