When humor goes, there goes civilization. ~Erma Bombeck




May 10, 2009

Happy Mother's Day Mom

First of all I want to say thank y0u to my daughter in law Tara for putting these pictures on a disk for me.

I want to tell my mom Happy Mother's Day!

This is mom, dad, little Nana and my brother the painter.
Mom and I bringing in the New Year.

A few years later on Christmas Eve. I was skinny once. Love the glasses.


This is mom on her way to deliver my younger brother Matt. This picture cracks me up. "Yes I am in terrible pain but let's take a parting picture." Mom loves this pic. That is my Aunt and Grandma Taylor.



Again a few years later with my first son Jamie, grandma T. and my dad. We had to get the four generation picture.




The four generation pic again only this time with my Nana and Papa Jamie and my mom.





Dad took our wedding invitation pictures. He stood on a ladder in the middle of a creek in the middle of winter to get the right shot. Dad, me, and mom.






Never, never, never let your grandma and mother give you a home perm. This is the year my hair fell out.







Mom after church. Ever so stylish.








Here we are my brothers, myself and good old mom and dad.
Happy Mother's Day everyone!!










17 comments:

Kristina P. said...

Happy Mother's Day to YOU!

Cynthia said...

I LOVE all the photos. I swear, everyone's living rooms looked exactly the same in the 70's!

Oh- and I love the 80's suit and hair. Work it, girl!

Kathy B! said...

Beautiful photos! How wonderful.

Happy Mother's day to YOU, Nana :)

Alice said...

Beautiful pictures. So reminded me of my family growing up.

Amanda said...

Hope you're having a wonderful day!

Kelly said...

I just loved all the pictures. Thanks for sharing! Your mom was a beauty! Happy Mother's Day!

Deanna said...

Thanks for taking us down memory lane with you. Happy Mother's Day to you and your mom and ALL moms!

Mary at My New 30 said...

Awwww great pics!!! You look just like your Mama, you know?

I swear those pics could have been taken at my house. The one pic of your Mama on the way to deliver a baby, I swear that's my ex-inlaw's kitchen!!

Happy Mother's Day!!!

wendy said...

I loved the picture of your mom in her hair rollers (so funny) and giving you a perm, my mom used to do that to my sister and me as well. YIKES. I've enjoyed seeing everyones pictures of their moms and their tributes.

TMI Tara said...

Love all the pix. Chloe wishes her Nana a very happy Mother's Day! We'll see you tomorrow with lots of hugs of love!!!

Connie said...

Love the pictures! Your hair really fell out? Home perms were the best!!

Hope your day was fun!

Grand Pooba said...

I love the flash back photos! Your mom is adorable.

Debbie said...

What great photos. I hope you had a wonderful day.

nikkicrumpet said...

I love the old photos...especially the "I'm on my way to deliver a baby but there's always time for a photo"...too funny. I hope you had a great Mother's day!

KelleyAnne said...

Those pictures are adorable! Thank you to your sweet daughter in law from me too!

Jessica said...

Neat pictures, Nana!

Lisa Loo said...

LOVE these pics! Old photos are my favorite. But that family shot at the end is a keeper too!