When humor goes, there goes civilization. ~Erma Bombeck




May 31, 2009

Teriyaki Chicken

Sweet William


I don't have a picture of this for you. I used this on little William's blessing day and yum it was a huge hit, it always is. Can you believe I was so busy being hostess that I forgot to take a picture? Oh well.




This is the original recipe, don't have a stroke you can cut it in half or thirds or whatever.


Here goes:

60 boneless skinless chicken breasts, yes I wrote 60.


Sauce:


4 cups soy sauce

4 cups brown sugar

3 cups water

3 cups apple juice

3/4 cups ketchup

2 TBS. red pepper flakes

12 cloves garlic ( can use equivalent minced bottled garlic)

24 TBS. cornstarch

3 - 4 cups water


Mix all the sauce ingredients together, except cornstarch and water, in a large container.
Place chicken in crock pots - you will need 5 or six crock pots. I got away with using 4 big ones.
Divide sauce evenly into each crock pot. Cook on low for 6 - 7 hrs.

In the last 20 minutes, mix the cornstarch with water and add an even portion to each crock pot. Cook an additional 30 minutes.


This recipe is a winner. We had over 40 people here for dinner on that Sunday afternoon. Everyone was going nuts over the chicken. I was just going nuts!


19 comments:

Kristina P. said...

He is the cutest little baby!

Midwest Mommy said...

Oh he is just darling! And you just made me hungry :-)

Connie said...

What a darling baby!
I bet you were going nuts!
I'll be having 2 kids come home from their missions in August. Thanks for the recipe. Sounds like something I can make for the "homecoming".
Did you serve it over rice?

Mimi Sue said...

I'm always looking for a chicken recipe. And it's a bonus because of the crockpot being involved. Thanks. By the way, you always have the best grandma tips. I'm trying that shirt thing next time they come over. Mimi

Mary at My New 30 said...

Isn't he precious!

Sounds good, but I don't think my mathematically declined brain could figure out how to reduce it for just me and The Hubs LOL!

Cynthia said...

Wow! That sounds great. I have one of those big roaster thingies to cook stuff like that. Now I just need a crowd of 40 to feed.

KelleyAnne said...

I can see why you might have forgotten to take a picture...what a lucky crowd you fed. Besides the picture of baby sugar is awesome.
Can't wait to try this!

Grand Pooba said...

That looks like some tasty chicken!

I think 60 chicken breasts will barely be enough for me and Al.

Yaya said...

Sounds similar to a pork chop marinade I make. Yummo!

wendy said...

so your name is Tammy ---I LOVE ALL THE TAMMY MOVIES, I even put on my IPOD the song "Tammy's in Love" soooooo cool, romances were so much simpler then don't you think

wendy said...

AND---heaven help me if I EVER, EVER, have to cook 60 chicken breasts.

Rachel said...

What a little sweetheart...he's a doll!

I've made a couple different versions of teriyaki chicken, but this sounds wonderful!!!!! Can't wait to try it...I can imagine it was a hit!

Deanna said...

What a darling!

That recipe sounds wonderful. Let's see - if I reduce it in half, then reduce the half in half, then reduce that half in half... yea I think I have it figured out ;)

Jane In The Jungle said...

Whew I would have stroked out! OK what did you serve with it?
Love his orange, kinda partial to orange here in Vol country!

Amanda said...

Oh, man that sounds good but don't know when I'm ever going to have to feed that many people...

Your little William is SO big already!! My Eden is 1 today and is only 17 lbs...

Wsprsweetly Of Cottages said...

What a little doll! Thanks for the recipe too! :)

Kelly said...

Wow! Bet that was hard work! Sweet baby.

Kathy B! said...

What a little chub he is!!

I'd look about as chubby if I ate all of your good cookin' too :)

Oz Girl said...

I might have to double that recipe, hubby's a big eater, lol... sounds absolutely deelish, now if I can just figure out how to dumb it down for the two of us, maybe 1/10th? :-)

Sweet William is just that, SWEET!