When humor goes, there goes civilization. ~Erma Bombeck




June 14, 2009

A Meme , An Award and Two Sick Little Boys

The expanation to this lovely award is found below. I am such a weiner.


Henry and Will are sick. There are a variety of fun things ripping through our neighborhood, one of which is the Swine Flu. I hope they both just have colds but who knows. Henry wants to sleep and Will, well swinging him like that kept him quiet for awhile.


Then to top it off it has been raining here for two weeks. Today we woke up to sunshine only to have it turn into more rain. It's so bad Papa thought he had a rash on his back side and asked me if I would take a look. He's just got a moldy crack. I sprayed it with a little bleach, he should be fine.


Jane from Jumpin in the jungle tagged me the other day for a Meme. I am supposed to name 6 unimportant things in life that make me happy. Let me see....

1. See's Candy

2. The smell of clothes washing and drying. This is something that brings me great joy!

3. See's Candy

4. Caramel Apples. When I need a fix I make a run to Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory, or V's Chocolates. I prefer the latter.

5. Baby lotion, with a clean baby attached. Mmmmmm!

6. Sitting on my deck when it is raining, and lightning, and thundering. It is so pretty to watch unless lightning strikes the house.


O.k. Now for the award:


Noah's mommy from Project mommyhood gave me a sweet award the other day also. I want to thank her very much for thinking about me. Especially since I have been such a slacker in the blogging area as of late. Running out to pull weeds and clean the yard in between rain storms is kicking my butt!







27 comments:

Kristina P. said...

My MIL LOVES Sees! I hope everyone gets better soon!

Cynthia said...

Sorry the boys are sick! I just found out my little people have been exposed to Chicken Pox. Yeah, they had the vaccine but so did the boy who exposed them to it! Guess we'll see if I've got sick kids.

I hear you on the rain thing. I was waiting until it let up to plant my summer veggies. Guess I'd better get them in anyway because they've been waiting for WEEKS! It's probably too late now for the peppers to grow decent. At least I got the 'maters in early but they haven't grown much due to the cold. Rain, Rain Go AWAY! (come back sometime mid-July. Thanks).

Connie said...

Hate to see little ones so sick! Hope they get better soon.
Congratulations on the award!
See's Chocolats and V's chocolate; oh, wow! Ambrosia!

The Garden of Egan said...

Hope everyone gets feeling better soon!

Yvonne said...

Thought I was the only one who loved the smell of laundry out of the dryer!
The smell of the beach is also up there with great smells!

The Wife O Riley said...

When I was pregnant with Vivi my craving was the smell of Bounce Fabric Sheets. I kept them in my pillow, my desk, even my pockets.

I hope everyone is well soon.

Yvonne said...

I love your profile ..." I have been married 27 years. It feels like 5 minutes. (under water)" So damn funny! 34 in a few days for me!

Grand Pooba said...

Poor boys! Hope they just have colds! Congrats of course on your well diserved award. You are the biggest weiner of them all!

Mary at My New 30 said...

Gratz on your award you weiner you - so sorry for all the sickies though. Hope everybody gets better soon.

Lisa Loo said...

moldy crack---bwa-ha-ha-ha!!!!!!!!!

3 Bay B Chicks said...

Um, Nana? I think you made a mistake on #3. My name is spelled F-R-A-N-C-E-S-C-A, not S-E-E-S.

I just thought the rest of your fans should know.

xoxo

Yaya said...

There's seriously swine flu in your nieghborhood? I would freak out!

Jane In The Jungle said...

I so knew you would do a good list!!
But I'm sorry, I still haven't gotten over the bleach sprayed crack!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

KelleyAnne said...

I love the things you love!

Kathy B! said...

SWINE FLU?! Yikes. I hope it isn't that. Now I'm worried about you guys...

And See's candy? Yum. I'm trying to lose a little of the weight that mysteriously grew on me last month and that is NOT what I need to be thinking about :)

Stay healthy, Nana!

Deanna said...

Those poor little guys. I hope it is nothing serious. Will keep them in my prayers.

I really dig thunderstorms from the safety of my porch too.

Kelly said...

I liked your list. Some of them could've been on mine too. I even like a good thunderstorm. Hopefully, you'll have some sunshine soon to pull your weeds in.

Oz Girl said...

Awh, the poor lil buggers! I hope they feel better soon, and that it is nothing serious.

I still can't believe you are the nana to 6.5 grandchildren. You simply cannot be any older than I am!

Kelly said...

Two awards in one week. I know you're so busy, so I'll let you slide with the rules. I did want you to know that I think you're a very Kreative Blogger, so I've given you the Kreative Blogger award. I hate it when words are misspelled. It really bugs me.

Debbie said...

Congrats on the award! I so hope everyone is well soon.

Mimi Sue said...

It's the pits when the kids are sick. Congrats on the award. Mimi

Wsprsweetly Of Cottages said...

Your 6 things were so neat! I loved them! PERFECT!

Wsprsweetly Of Cottages said...

I hope your sons are better and it is nothing serious. Having sick babes is NO fun.

Keri said...

Poor boys. Being sick is such a drag. As for Papa... that cracked me up! Thanks for the much needed chuckle. I've missed me some Nana.

wendy said...

A moldy crack --that's the funniest thing ever. so---you like See's candy. ME TOO. sorry I haven't been on top of all the blogs as of late, things have been hectic, but now I may be able to do better.

Kristina P. said...

Nana, are you alive?!?

Jolene said...

See's chocolate really is the best.