When humor goes, there goes civilization. ~Erma Bombeck




July 2, 2009

Chocolate Toffee Ice Cream Dessert, A Moose and a Bong

Last night Taylor and I were watching So You Think You Can Dance when she announced there was a horse running along the hill across from our house. I jumped up to investigate and saw that it indeed was not a horse but it was a MOOSE . ( He wasn't smiling like this one is.)

Like idiots we all ran outside to look at it. He ran into our brand new neighbors back yard. So their we stood, Taylor , me, mom and Papa in front of our brand new neighbors house gawking. The neighbors kept looking out the window at us, probably regretting moving in. Finally Scott ( the new guy) came out to see what was going on. We all yelled in unison " There is a moose in your back yard." He ran back in the house and did not return.
The neighbor who lives on the other side of us had previously poked his head outside to see what the hub bub was all about. I told him and he too went back in the house. Well I couldn't stand the thought that he was missing out so I decided to go bang on his door and tell him to get outside and take a look. His door has a big window in it with no coverings what so ever. Maybe he should think about getting some. (especially with me as a neighbor)
Imagine my other big surprise when I ran up to the door and saw him sitting on the couch doing this..... His bong wasn't quite this big but it definitely was a bong! After I invited myself in and we passed it between us a few times (not really he about crapped his pants) anyway I said get out here there is a moose in the neighbors yard.
He was like "Are you kidding I thought you said it was an Owl and I thought Owl's are cool but why are they all running around out there."
I was like " That's because your high dude." No I didn't say it I just thought it. I didn't say it because he thought he so slyly hid it from me when I was knocking on his door. I actually wouldn't be surprised if he broke it when he threw it under his couch. What a dork. Later in the evening when his munchies kicked in Tay and I sat and laughed at him scouring his cupboards and fridge like a maniac.
I tell ya he has no blinds. We live in the city our houses are close together. Tay and I are bored... need I say more?
O.k. now for the recipe. Maybe I'll make one for old Billabong next door.
This would be great for the munchies er, or the 4th of July. Whatever I don't judge.
2 cups crushed chocolate graham crackers
1/4 cup sugar
1/2 sup butter, melted
1/2 gallon vanilla ice cream, softened
2 packages milk chocolate toffee bits
1 jar (11.75 oz.) caramel ice cream topping ( I like Mrs. Richards)
1 pint whipped whipping cream w/ 1 TBS. sugar added to it, or if you are too lazy to get the beater out and whip up some cream use an 8 oz. tub of Cool Whip. COME ON Cool whip? Whip Cream kicks Cool Whips butt!!!!
Hot Fudge ( optional, if you are an idiot!)
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly grease a 13 x 9 x 2 baking dish. In a small bowl, combine cracker crumbs, sugar, and melted butter. Press evenly into the bottom of the prepared baking dish. Bake for 8 minutes; let cool.
Combine softened ice cream, one bag of toffee bits and spread over cooled cracker crust, freeze for 15 minutes. Pour caramel over the ice cream mixture spread evenly and freeze for another 15 minutes. Top with Whip cream and spread evenly. Sprinkle 1/2 bag of toffee bits over the whip cream and freeze for at least 4 hrs.
To serve, cut dessert into squares and drizzle (yeah right) pour tons of hot fudge over the top.
I do believe I have posted my hot fudge recipe already. If not too bad. Bong boy is at it again, so I have to go ummm visit.
Have a great 4th everyone!!!!!!
Nana


20 comments:

Kristina P. said...

You had me at bong. I'm sure it was just tobacco. ;)

Jolene said...

Thanks for posting the recipe.
I can't believe that guy was using a bong!! lol

Connie said...

So...no blinds, huh? He really is an idiot!
BTW, what happened to the moose?
The recipe sounds wonderful! Who wouldn't want hot fudge?

Yvonne said...

Thanks for posting the recipe. When I can have sweets again, I'm surely going to try this! btw, I posted a recipe for homemade liquors a couple of days ago. Maybe while you are checking out what your bong smokin neighbor is up to, you can make some and share it with him! haha

Midwest Mommy said...

Your titles get me every time, lol

Sera said...

You guys are so funny. Be careful. Living in Colorado I found out that one of the most dangerous animals is a moose....no joke! They kill gawkers all the time. SO be careful.

Bonnie the Boss said...

Too funny! How lame to sit home and get stoned all by yourself. I think a moose, with the whole neighborhood would be much more fun.

Jane In The Jungle said...

I was laughing so hard by the time I got to the recipe I forgot what it was for!!!
As always.....you.absolutely.crack.me.up!!

Mary at My New 30 said...

LOL what a combination of subjects!

Happy 4th!

The Garden of Egan said...

Mercy, not sure which thing has me the most riveted.......the bong thing is pretty uhm, interesting. But then the idea of you window gazing has me thinking about all kinds of stuff....like maybe a hobby or somethun'
Great post, and I guess I might check out the recipe too.

KelleyAnne said...

Really 10s of 1000s HAVE missed you! This recipe sounds divine. The lead up to the recipe was the best!

Deanna said...

This recipe definitely sounds great.

LOL at bongboy. No mooses running around MO - just deer. That is a sight I'd really enjoy seeing!

Rachel said...

This post was hysterical!!!

Oh, and your recipe looks wonderful :) I especially love the "optional hot fudge" comment :)

Yvonne said...

Thanks for the nice words!

The Wife O Riley said...

Maybe he saw the moose and had to take another hit?

Thanks for the recipe, now I have 2 cakes I'm going to make for my birthday on Sunday. I got the recipe for a "Better than Sex" cake from another blogger.

Mimi Sue said...

You really live in an entertaining neighborhood. I need to come visit. Mimi

wendy said...

Are you sure YOU weren't high --really, a moose. How totally cool. Rad, awesome, dude neato (I am high--tee,hee)
I think I want to live in your neighborhood ---or at least just walk by the house with no blinds and bong on the door.

Mrs. Jelly Belly said...

What fun neighbors! I don't think mine even know what a bong is.

breast engorgement said...

I thought it was an excellent blog, that information has been very helpful in my life, I am a desserts lover, so I really enjoyed this reading, this weekend I want to do one! Thanks for this great moment!

Anonymous said...

hi every person,

I identified kidzrecipez.blogspot.com after previous months and I'm very excited much to commence participating. I are basically lurking for the last month but figured I would be joining and sign up.

I am from Spain so please forgave my speaking english[url=http://rsspower.info/].[/url][url=http://exlatestnews.info/].[/url][url=http://learnnewthingsit.info/].[/url]