When humor goes, there goes civilization. ~Erma Bombeck




July 24, 2009

Take A Look, You Will Be Glad You Did!!!!!

Whoever said " The Lazy Days of Summer was out of their mind!!!! I found this little diddy on Kristina's blog Pulsipher Predictions awhile ago and found it fits me just fine. I indeed am a prisoner of Summer. That and Henry's little pooping situation, but I know it will all work out in the end. (get it, work out in the end) Henry is crying on the toilet as we speak, or as I type whatever.



Anyway Summer as we all know is a very busy time. My DIL Tara has taken busy to an all new level lately. I am in awe of her at this moment. Not only is she gutting and remodeling a house she has decided to get an all accessible playground built in her city.


Yep, that's what it will be named. She called her city counsil, met with them, told them what she wants and, get this... they AGREED. How did this all come about, you may ask. The little person below is her inspiration. Many of you know that Chloe is one of my grandchildren. Many of you know she is handicap, she is one of the sweetest little angel's you will ever meet. I want you to go here or here

or especially here to read Chloe's story and find out what this is all about and what maybe you can do to help.


No child should be left out but we all know many are. Many of us don't want to read stories about handicapped children because we don't want that to ever happen in our families and it scares us.


All I know is I am so thankful that God placed this little one into our families hands. Don't get me wrong it has been a long hard road, especially for Oby and Tara. It has been a road less traveled by most of us, but a road worth every step. A road that has put life in it's right perspective.



Who couldn't possibly be inspired by that little face?





Here is Chloe at our real family 4th of July party. (some of you may have read my redneck version) She is fishing there with Papa.




Look what she caught!!! A bright red boa, who knew feather boa's were just swimming around in the sea. I hope you all are having a great Summer! I am.






22 comments:

Kristina P. said...

She's so beautiful! Tara does such a great job advocating for kids.

Mimi Sue said...

She is a cutie. That's amazing that a city council actually agreed to anything. Up here in Kaysville we have a park that is handicap accessible. It's got a big castle that you can take a wheelchair up into. Let me know if you want to go check it out. I'll get you the address. It's one of my little grandkids favorites. Mimi

Connie said...

What a beautiful granddaughter! I am in awe of her mother! Tara has a great task before her but how wonderful tht she convinced the city council to approve the playground.
Have a great rest of the summer!

The Garden of Egan said...

Beautiful angel face! Your daughter in law sounds awesome.

Wsprsweetly Of Cottages said...

This was a wonderful post! Lots of courage here..AND beautiful babies!
Thank you so much for your sweet visit. It is so appreciated! Summer will get better for me! :)

Yaya said...

Chloe!!!

So excited that Tara got that playground project approved! How awesome is that??!?

Kelly said...

Beautiful. I agree, who couldn't be inspired by that face. What a great DIL you have.

Deanna said...

Such an inspiration. Chloe is beautiful and lucky to have beeen born into your family.

I hope everything has come out in the end for Henry, lol

Kathy B! said...

I know I act silly over here a lot but I am so in awe of your family and how everyone pulls together and how Tara is such a wonderful voice for such a deserving bunch of kids. You really must have done something right, Nana. You have an awesome family.

3 Bay B Chicks said...

I re-pledge my love and devotion to you, Nana, with this post. Your family just plain rocks. I am sad to say that I have lost touch with Tara. However, it is high time that I did something about that. She is unstoppable. :)

Oh, and you know that I consider myself a member of your inner circle. OK, let's be real. I envision my head floating in the background of all your family photos.

-Francesca

ann said...

she is such a little doll.you have room to talk about people being inspirations my dear.but thank you anyway.
it was so nice to hear from you.i miss you and everyone.i will be back amoung you soon.aug 17th,i will enter the hospital.aug 18th will be the surgery.i will be in there 7-10 days and then home.
my precious dr.said,"i would be "normal"again except for the cancer."it will set me back.so he doesn't really know what to expect.
but that is still good.what i have been told and read,i was only expecting to be 50-55% of the old me.and this comes from the man who is going to make it happen.so i know he knows what he is talking about.ye-ha------------
keep on keeping everybody laughing and cooking.hold the fort down.i shall return.ha...Ann

Jane In The Jungle said...

Tara is definitly a force to be reconned with!!! And red IS Chole's color!!

beazer1812@comcast.net said...

Man, how cool that her mom got City Council to co-operate for such a good thing as a play ground the ALL children can enjoy. Who could not love that little girl. I believe families of handicapped children receive blessings that many of us will never know.
I have been missing reading your blog with all this transition in my life and probably won't be able to check in with you until september with my move and needing HIGH SPEED. crap. I will be missing my blogger friends.
happy days Chole!!

wendy said...

p.s. --ah that is ME above. I needed to change my account.

Bonnie the Boss said...

WTG Tara! she is an adorable little girl!

Mary at My New 30 said...

Oh my gosh, what a precious little angel!!

TMI Tara said...

Thanks Nana! I never knew you were in awe of me. I just thought you were in awe that Oby put up with my foul mouth! ;O)

I couldn't do anything without your love and support.... xo

Ann said...

She's so cute:)

Grand Pooba said...

That is awesome! I didn't know Tara was doing that! I might have to take a trip up north to check it out someday!

Jane In The Jungle said...

Know you're busy, miss your laugh, oh sorry, I meant to say miss my laugh at your expense!!!
Love Ya!!

Oz Girl said...

Chloe is beautiful, and such gorgeous curly curls! :) Your DIL is quite amazing... what a huge achievement that she got city council to agree with her on the playground. I wish her luck, she deserves so much and more! ;)

Yaya said...

I love Chloe!