When humor goes, there goes civilization. ~Erma Bombeck




August 31, 2009

Fresh Peaches and Berries Cobbler

I love harvest time. All the fresh fruits and veggies make me want to cook. Today I made Salsa and this little beautiful Cobbler.



I have never served this to someone who did not like it. It is not like a regular Cobbler in that it has a custard type filling mixed in with the fruit. Oh, YUM is all I have to say.



Here goes:



4 Cups fresh peaches, peeled, seeded and cut into wedges

2 Cups fresh berries, (raspberries, blueberries or blackberries) I do use frozen berries from my garden) Raspberries and blackberries are my fav.

2/3 Cup flour

1 3/4 Cup granulated sugar

1/4 tsp. cinnamon

5 large eggs

1 tsp. vanilla

2 Cups milk

1/2 Cup heavy whipping cream

1 Cup flour

1/2 Cup granulated sugar

1/2 tsp. ground cardamom

8 TBS. butter

Half and half cream or sweetened whipped cream. I use the 1/2 and 1/2.



In a lightly sprayed 9 X 13 inch baking dish, arrange the prepared peaches and berries of choice. In your blender combine the 2/3 cup flour, sugar, cinnamon, eggs, vanilla, milk and 1/2 cup whipping cream and process until all is blended. Pour this mixture over the fruit, then bake, uncovered, in a preheated 400 degree oven for 30 minutes.



During the baking period, prepare the topping. In a medium size mixing bowl, combine the 1 cup flour, sugar and cardamom. Using a pastry blender, cut the butter into the mixture, until the mixture resembles a streusel consistency.



Remove the baked mixture from the oven and sprinkle the topping over all and return to the oven for an additional 15 minutes or until the topping is lightly browned. Place on a cooling rack and let cool to just warm before serving. Serve with chilled half and half or whipped cream.



I always have to bake this longer than the recipe calls for. Just watch it in the oven to make sure the topping is not getting to dark.



Enjoy!!!!!!!!!!!


Go check out what is new on Tara's blog Kidz, she as most of you know has her hands full and has kind of dropped out of blogging world. I want you to listen to the song she has posted and maybe you will understand more as to why that is.

22 comments:

ModernMom said...

I've never made a cobbler before! This looks wonderful and your directions are so easy to read. May have to whip out my dishes and give it a try:)

Cynthia said...

I am SO going to make this for dinner tomorrow night! Now that the kids are on a schedule and in school all day I have more time to do this kind of thing. The family will love it and it's Farmer's Market Day tomorrow. Thanks!

Bonnie the Boss said...

I love a good cobler and this one looks like a goodie!I will have to give it a try.

Kristina P. said...

I am so making this this fall.

TMI Tara said...

If you would have told me there would be cobbler, I would have stayed!!! ;O)

Mimi Sue said...

I made peach shortcake tonight. Since I've got a lug of peaches I'll be trying this recipe soon! Mimi

Connie said...

Enjoy? You bet I will! I've never made a cobbler like this. It sounds divine! Thanks for the recipe.

Anne Fannie said...

What a fabulous looking cobbler. I am on a very strict diet right now but I saved your cobbler for a later time! Yummy! Thanks for sharing the recipe!
~Ann

Mary said...

Oh my gosh, that looks wonderful! I'll be over coffee mug in hand shortly!! :)

Yaya said...

Oh Yum!

Grand Pooba said...

Oh my gosh, fresh fruit cobbler? Are you trying to make me fat?

Grand Pooba said...

It counts as a fruit right? It's good for you right?

Mandy said...

Oh that looks YUMMY!! Can't wait to give this one a try!!! THe boys I am sure will love it! Thanks for sharing about Tara's blog kidz also it was exactly what I needed!! Have a great week Nana!!

R. Wallis @ TrueBeauty said...

Just stopping in from SITS to say HI! I loved reading your "about me" on your blogger homepage. It made me smile :)

Happy Tuesday! Come over and check out my "5 DAYS OF GIVE-A-WAYS"!
http://truebeautyinsideandout.blogspot.com

Deanna said...

It sounds wonderful!
I'll check out Tara's blog as soon as I get caught up.

Midwest Mommy said...

Oh my goodness that picture looks so good. My new diet sucks, lol

The Garden of Egan said...

Uhm, did I miss the phone call? You know, the one inviting me to come for cobbler. I'm sure I must have missed it because I'm sure you called.
Looks DELish!!!!!

Kathy B! said...

OH! THis sounds good! I think we still have a week or so left in peach season out here. I'm definitely going to give this one a try!

Small House said...

Oooooh.....Can't wait to make this this weekend!!! IF, I can wait that long.
Sandra

♥ Teresa ♥ said...

That looks AMAZING! I am most definitely keeping this recipe for the very next time we need a dessert. Thanks!

I was stopping by from SITS to share some comment love and I'm very glad I did! I hope the rest of your week is absolutely amazing!

Many Blessings,

Teresa <><

30 Things You May Not Know....

http://toomanyheartbeats.blogspot.com/2009/09/30-things-about-my-illness-you-may-not.html

♥ Teresa ♥ said...

Hi,

It's me again. I just wanted to thank you so very much for stopping by my blog AND for taking the time to share so much about yourself from your heart. It truly means so much to me. Honestly it does, more than you'll ever know. I am definitely going to start 'following' you and keeping in touch. You seem like a very special lady.

I hope you have a really nice evening and I look forward to getting to know you better. I will keep you, your dad, your grandaughter and the rest of your family in my prayers. Please let me know if there is anything 'specific' I can pray for. It would be an honor.

Many Blessings,

Teresa <><

http://toomanyheartbeats.blogspot.com

Live.Love.Eat said...

THAT looks incredible. I love a good cobbler.