When humor goes, there goes civilization. ~Erma Bombeck




September 6, 2009

Me and My Migraine and Other Stupid Stuff

For some reason Papa thought I needed a buddy whilst I was laying down with my migraine. He is a cute buddy, he was being quiet and polite, so I didn't mind.



However, I did not know the camera was going to be pulled out.

That's me saying "Am I in the picture? I don't want to be in the picture. Really am I in the picture?" Papa just ignored me, like he does when I lock the bathroom door. Do any of you have husbands that go get a skinny nail and unlock the bathroom door after you have locked it? I did not think so!!!!!!!!!!!



Can you believe we are still married? I did not think so. That is a whole other post in itself, but I really don't want to go there. I get myself too riled up. Oooooh that just makes me sooooo mad!!! I mean what part of THE DOOR IS LOCKED does he not understand! I mean we HAVE 3 stinkin bathrooms and yes sometimes they stink.



Any who, for the last two weekends I have had migraines, WHAT a drag.



Today I had to teach Relief Society in church. For those of you who do not know what R.S. is I will just briefly say it is specifically for the women. We have lessons each Sunday and Enrichment nights. These nights consist of eating, service projects, eating, crafts, eating.... I think you get the drift.



I am in charge of Enrichment nights so you know there is lots of eating. Today while high on my migraine crap I gave our Sunday lesson. BTW I must have done o.k. because only one person asked "What is wrong with you? You look sick!" Just what I wanted to hear.



I am digressing again. During the lesson we touched on Enrichment nights. I told the ladies I wanted their input on what they would like to do. I also gave them a list of things that other R.S. groups have done.


On this list there was a Sewing category which I though was great until I read....





sewing lingerie. Sometimes we take pictures of what we do during enrichment and hang them in the hallway for all to see. Can you imagine? Yes, here we are after a long evening of sewing. That's the Bishop's wife in front. I told the ladies in church today I didn't want to know any of them that well so not to count on that class.






I might however, have mom show them how she gets her daisy dukes just right. That seems like it would be an easy project, and I am all about easy!



21 comments:

Kristina P. said...

I am very, very grateful I don't get migraines. I am such a freaking baby. Feel better!

Connie said...

You gave the R.S. lesson today with a migraine? You are a super woman. To top that off, you look like a model lying in bed whilst nursing that dang headache!
Hope you get better real soon!
If you do decide to make "compost" jelly, let me know. I'd love to...see a picture of it!

p.s. You should hide all your skinny nails.

Mimi Sue said...

Gosh, Nana, I wish I were in your ward. Your bishop's wife looks like a lot of fun. He probably doesn't make it to too many meetings if you know what I mean. Teaching with a migraine! You are superwoman. Mimi

Rebekah said...

migraines suck! feel better!

The Garden of Egan said...

You're killin' me!!!! I love the photos. Since I'm the bishop's wife, I want to emmulate the bishop's wife in the photo! Yup, I agree, sew some undies!

Hope your migraine is better. I'm a migrainer too and I wouldn't live without imitrex.

Also, get rid of the hubby! Sheesh, breaking into the bathroom???? That's wrong on so many levels.....it's right up there with taking pictures of poor you while you are having a migraine. Doesn't he have a heart?
Just kidding, sounds like he keeps YOU in line.

Kathy B! said...

Hopefully you're feeling better soon. Those nasty migraines!!

Bonnie the Boss said...

You look lovely! and yikes to the daisy dukes!

Jolene said...

Migraines are the worst. I hope you are feeling better.

wendy said...

I have never had a migraine (lucky me) and so sorry you are suffering with one. Is the migraine induced by your HUBBY (tee,hee, just kidding----who wants to come in a bathroom that is locked when they KNOW someone is in there??)
I have never been much for enrichment night, but that langerie class looks like something I could get into!! (j/k - again) I'd look too much like the granny at the end of the post ---sheeeesh, icko!!
I should be back to blogging regularily now so look forward to keeping better in touch with everyone.

R. Wallis @ TrueBeauty said...

Too funny! R.S. sounds like a lot of fun!

Deanna said...

I've been blessed with a lot of ailments but fortunately migraines are not one of them. Hope yours is easing up for you.

I'm with you on the whole bathroom door thing. What is he thinking!

Lol on the project pictures.

Jane In The Jungle said...

My only migraine today was named Derek but that's another story.
He picks the lock when you're in the bathroom???? Girl put a chain lock on that door...keep the little bugger out!
And where did you find my long lost picture of me and my buddies??? Of course I'm in front, LOL!!

Grand Pooba said...

I would have totally converted if there was going to be a lingerie enrichment night!

Debbie said...

I can't believe you've been plagued with the migraines that long! Bless your heart. I hope you are better soon.

The Garden of Egan said...

I'm hoping you are out of bed and rid of the migraine by now!

Jenners said...

I'm not sure I needed that Daisy Duke photo! : )

I used to get migraines and they are miserable. I'm glad you had a little buddy to keep you company ... but taking photos???? No way! And unlocking the bathroom door? No way!

nikkicrumpet said...

First...I hope your migrains go away...I can't imagine having one for soooo long. Secondly even the thought of my relief society sisters in their nighties is going to give me nightmares for a month!

Yaya said...

Oh my gosh!


Hope your head feels better!

KelleyAnne said...

Oh my Gosh! My daughter just came running down the stairs because I was laughing so hard. Thanks Nana:)

Live.Love.Eat said...

LOL. Can't believe your hubs jimmies the door open when you're in there.

And that's a very cute buddy you have there in bed with you. I always loved the look of tiny children in big beds. So cute.

ERNESTO JO said...

damn, this mother look sexy with her daisy dukes on. i would be a lucky man if i had her for my wife/girlfriend. i would love to have sex with this woman.
-ernesto