When humor goes, there goes civilization. ~Erma Bombeck




October 1, 2009

Perspective

Most of my posts are silly goofiness that goes on around here. A recipe or two. Lately I have been MIA in the recipe department, but I do have some good ones for you.

I must say though lately through all of my usual buffoonery I have been stressed even scared. Scared of losing our house, ( the I.R.S. soaked us, I won't get into that) scared that the economy won't pick up. Our pay check has been cut between 30 to 40% ( this has really cramped my style, I won't get into that) scared that the world is going to Hell in a hand basket. I am not in any way trying to whine here. I still have it pretty darn good. We have money in our savings that has been keeping us afloat. Thank Heaven's. I am just keeping it real.

I know there are many many people in so much trouble right now, my troubles are a drop in the bucket. In the past few days many people from across the world have lost everything, including their families.

The other night after much prayer and thinking I realized I am not alone. Even with my small grievances I know that Heavenly Father is watching over me. He is in charge and I realized I just needed to turn it over to him and go with the flow. I don't know what made me finally let go and relieve myself of my burdens, but I did.

Then today things really were put in perspective for me when Tara, Oby and Chloe dropped by for just a minute. Chloe was tired from her ABM therapy however, mom had to have her show off for us a little bit. Tara laid Chloe on her back onto the carpet. Tara then bent Chloe's legs so that her little feet were planted on the floor, grabbed her ankles to brace them and said "Push Chloe Push" Chloe pushed and scooted her little body back along the carpet. I could not believe it. I told her to do it again so Papa could see and she did it again.

This truly amazed me. I can't put into words how it took me back. I was in a little shock. I don't think anyone here with us even noticed that this blew me away. It was one of those things that happen and you cannot express what is going on in your head.

This little girl has never since birth pushed back or given any kind of resistance when we have pushed on her feet and here she is scooting back on the floor, when told to do it. She has never rolled over, sat up, crawled. I think she will. We have been praying for this for 2 years. This small action has given us so much hope. Well she has been doing many more things, but this is the first I had experienced.

Oby and Tara have sold their Trailer and Truck to pay for this treatment for Chloe, another action that puts things in perspective.

That's what life is, perspective. It's all how we look at it, how we handle what comes our way. I have known that for a long time yet somehow I still get caught up in what doesn't really matter.

I have to remember the scripture: "Be still and know that I am God."

I stole this picture from Tara's blog. It's my two little sweeties playing together. I would have to say they are two of the cutest little girls I have ever seen. They really do love each other.



Izzy and Chloe.

14 comments:

Connie said...

You have brought tears to my eyes with this one. The scripture is one that I have leaned on many times.
Thanks for sharing your heart and I hope things get better for you financially. It's a scary time and an exciting time that we live in. We just need to count our blessings - like the blessing of having Chloe in your life.
Take care.

Emma said...

That is so exciting go Chloe!! Tara has said a few things about the new therapy it looks like it is working. I love Izzy's hair! How cute. Please let Tara know and I have told her that if there is any way that we can help with Chloes treatment to let us know.
I also saw a picture of you eating Kettle corn and was wondering when you are going to kick all of those people out of your house so I can come visit and spend all day everyday eating kettle corn with you!!! Miss you guys!!!

bj said...

Just wanted to say thanks for coming by to see me. I hope you'll come again soon.

I hope your financial worries get straightened out. We live on a Social Security budget and have to really watch every penny right now. If Mr. Obama cuts Medicare, I am not sure where we will be!! I pray for our country all the time...
xo bj

Kristina P. said...

This is such great news! I hope that things only get better from here.

Fields of Linen & White said...

Bless Chloe, God really does work miracles, and when we let go, he works his miracles even more. We also have experienced many setbacks, my husband was just layed off, financially we are not doing good, I keep praying and believing, right now we have our health and our family. I will include you in my prayers
Blessings~Cheryl

Small House said...

OH MY...my heart is so touched. I'm so happy for your family. What a milestone for such a cute little girl. What a nice thing to happen among all the worries. Sometimes we feel so out of control, then the Lord shows us he's there, watching and cares.

My favorite scripture "Be still and know that I am God." Got me through many a heart ache.

Be good to yourself today. CHOCOLATE-CHOCOLATE!!!!
Sandra

Grand Pooba said...

Wow. I am so proud of Chloe and I haven't even met her! What a great example she is to us all. Thanks for giving me some perspective, I needed it!

Live.Love.Eat said...

Great news about Chloe, I can only imagine how thrilled you were. And I do hope and pray that you continue to keep the right perspective.

TMI Tara said...

{{hugs}} to Nana from Chloe. We are so happy you were able to see what we've been seeing -- progress, hope, joy. We love you more than you know!

Mimi Sue said...

Miracles happen every day. I try to stay in tune so I can recognize them. Not always easy. So happy that Chloe is making progress. We have to be careful financially too. Since the mister retired we certainly don't have the income we once did. One of our kids has lost their home and another son in law was laid off for awhile this summer. But things could be worse. Hang in there Nana! Mimi

KelleyAnne said...

That was a beautiful post. Sure put things in perspective for me. Love that scripture too♥

Midwest Mommy said...

How wonderful for Chloe!
I hope things turn around for you soon. It is so hard right now for so many people and so heartbreaking.

Jane In The Jungle said...

Great post Nana....you are so right perspective! Praises your way!

Deanna said...

That is very exciting about Chloe. What a special little girl. Sometimes the going has to get rough before we take notice and begin being thankful for what we have rather than unhappy about what we don't have. You certainly have the right attitude.