When humor goes, there goes civilization. ~Erma Bombeck




November 11, 2009

Cousins

I wanted to teach Henry and Izzy how to climb a tree. (they were less than thrilled, don't let their phony smiles fool you) I would have shown them but, this poor little tree would not have survived my girth.


Jumping in the leaves is always fun. Too bad the pile isn't bigger.




Look at Izzy's hair. The drop is not as high as it looks. Really.




A leaf fight is always fun.




Henry loves it when the cousins come over. He gets so excited. Today when Chloe came by he was just as excited as when Izzy comes to visit. As you can see playing with Izzy is a totally different experience than playing with Chloe. I thought it so sweet that they can find so much joy no matter what the circumstance. Chloe radiates love, she therefore attracts it. I wish everyone I knew could see and feel that. I am especially thankful that her little cousins all feel it. They love her, want to include her and protect her.
My older grandchildren, nieces and nephews have realized just this past Summer that Chloe is not a baby, she is different. I have heard my children, my brothers and sister in law explain to them just how different she is. What a blessed experience for these little ones to learn love, patience, empathy, and charity for someone so fragile



Chloe came by today and well........ could that be any cuter?
They had a little wrestling match.













I don't know how I ended up in the mix, but I want you to note my hair is not fixed.






I wouldn't want to be any place else!!!!!!!












24 comments:

TMI Tara said...

Cutest pictures EVER! That last one of you two looking at Chloe and her little toothless smile.... seriously makes my heart happy.

Cheesiest thing I've ever said, but true nonetheless!

Love ya!

Amanda said...

Awww, Nana, you made me all teary eyed! You can see the love in the pictures, it's amazing!

If you need some more leaves I can arrange to bring you some of mine ;), although, it is supposed to snow tomorrow and I don't think you'd want them after they're all soggy.

Cynthia said...

Great photos! We're still waiting for our trees to get big enough to climb. Luckily, our neighbor (the one who sold all the land our neighborhood is built on) has a HUGE Globe Willow he lets my boy climb.

Chloe is adorable and it's fun to see you getting in on all the action!

Joycee said...

Love the tag...Nana being Nana!

Valerie said...

Aww..how precious is that? Looks like great fun! What a bunch of cuties you have :)

The Garden of Egan said...

That is so darling! Grandma in the wrestling match. Kids just love that!
You are a beautiful woman and I LOVE your hair.

Connie said...

Nothing more precious than grandchildren! I hope you know that little Chloe has stolen my heart! Oh yes - and your hair is cute and sassy! Love it!

KelleyAnne said...

I love those pictures! You are such a fun Nana and I lovey our new do!

Jane In The Jungle said...

Great times!
Love those smiles!

Small House said...

Beautiful children. I can see why you wouldn't want to be any where else. Just priceless!
Sandra

Mary said...

Oh my gosh, that is the greatest! You are so lucky. I LOVE that new header too, look at all those beautiful children!!!

the ungourmet said...

So cute! My son's name is Henry and I adore him! Children are so terrific! :D

Mimi Sue said...

So cute. You're lucky that all your kids live close. It's a major production to get the California girls to Utah. Have fun with them. Mimi

kanishk said...

you made me all teary eyed! You can see the love in the pictures, it's amazing! Work from home India

Grand Pooba said...

I love those pictures! And I so agree with what you said about Chloe. She just lights up the room when she comes in! I felt it the first time I met her at Tara's mom's house and everytime I got to see her at your's. She is just amazing!

Kelly said...

Great pictures. I know you wouldn't want to be anyplace else. Look at those precious kids!

Mayhem and Moxie said...

I came here today determined to vent about how I have not been included in the scrapbooking click. There were going to be words, Nana. Then you go and put up a post like this one.

I am such a sucker for cute kids. Whatever am I to do? That last one really melted my icy resolve.

You are a lucky, lucky woman, Nana. Such a beautiful family you've got there. :)

wendy said...

What a fun time!! and look at that smile on Chloe's face. Heart warming.
It is amazing the lessons we learn from children with special needs.
and the love they draw out of us

are you sure you weren't pushing those kids off the rocks??

blueviolet said...

Chloe lost a tooth! Oh those kids are just so cute!

Tanna (The Brick Street Bungalow) said...

Isnt' being a grandmother the best thing ever?? Your grandbabies are precious and blessed to have such a loving Nana. =)

Deanna said...

Oh hun those pictures are priceless! But not as priceless as those little souls you are there for. You are great.

Mandy said...

These pictures are the cutest ever!! YOu are truly a great grandma!! Even to have your picture taken without being done up and your smiling even!! :) Wish to be a grandma like you! Love it!

Wsprsweetly Of Cottages said...

That last picture of you and the children is a classic!! LOVE it!

星爺Frank said...

That's actually really cool!AV,無碼,a片免費看,自拍貼圖,伊莉,微風論壇,成人聊天室,成人電影,成人文學,成人貼圖區,成人網站,一葉情貼圖片區,色情漫畫,言情小說,情色論壇,臺灣情色網,色情影片,色情,成人影城,080視訊聊天室,a片,A漫,h漫,麗的色遊戲,同志色教館,AV女優,SEX,咆哮小老鼠,85cc免費影片,正妹牆,ut聊天室,豆豆聊天室,聊天室,情色小說,aio,成人,微風成人,做愛,成人貼圖,18成人,嘟嘟成人網,aio交友愛情館,情色文學,色情小說,色情網站,情色,A片下載,嘟嘟情人色網,成人影片,成人圖片,成人文章,成人小說,成人漫畫,視訊聊天室,性愛,做愛,成人遊戲,免費成人影片,成人光碟