When humor goes, there goes civilization. ~Erma Bombeck




November 9, 2009

Pecan Sandies

This cookie is a huge favorite at my house, huge!! Did I say HUGE?



1 Cup butter, softened
1 Cup sugar
1 Cup confectioners sugar (powdered sugar)
1 Cup vegetable oil
2 eggs
1 teas. almond extract
3 - 1/2 Cups all purpose flour
1 Cup whole wheat flour
1 teas. baking soda
1 teas. cream of tartar
1 teas. salt
2 Cups chopped pecans
2 Cups English toffee bits
Additional sugar

In a mixing bowl, cream butter and sugars. Add oil, eggs and extract, mix well. Combine flours, baking soda, cream of tartar and salt, gradually add to the creamed mixture. Stir in pecans and toffee bits. Shape into 1 inch balls, roll in sugar. Place on ungreased baking sheets, flatten with a fork. Bake at 350 degrees for 12 - 14 minutes or until lightly browned.
Remove to wire racks to cool.

Enjoy!!!!!!!! I know you will.



12 comments:

Kristina P. said...

Mmmmmm, I love Sandies! Maybe one day, I too will get an invitation to meet you. Sob.

Connie said...

Yum! Great recipe! They are good for the diet, right? Ahhh, it doesn't matter. I'm making them!

Valerie said...

I'll have to try these! My mom loves pecan sandies...

Kathy B! said...

I love Sandies!! I'm liking the addition of toffee.

In fact I love Sandies so much I roll them up into balls and dust them with powdered sugar and call them snowballs at Christmas :)

Emma said...

yuummy I'll have to try them!

Grand Pooba said...

Yeah but does your family like them?

blueviolet said...

My mom loves those!

Kelly said...

Yeah, I like the toffee addition too. Think I'll try them this weekend.

KelleyAnne said...

I definitely have to try these! They looks sooooooo good. Just reading the ingredients I'm in love.

kanishk said...

Great recipe! They are good for the diet, right? Ahhh, it doesn't matter. Work from home India

jwright said...

I work for Bass Pecan Company Enter In a Chance to win $1000 with your pecan recipes at www.basspecan.com Starting Nov 14th Check our website for our Pie Sale !!

Wsprsweetly Of Cottages said...

This is a a recipe that I am going to make! It sounds wonderful! Thank you for sharing it!