When humor goes, there goes civilization. ~Erma Bombeck




November 16, 2009

Pooba Speaks Banana Bread

First I must say this is not my picture. I feel such an urgency to post this recipe that I decided to swipe a picture in order to do so. (I don't have enough banana's to make my bread at this time.)

You see Pooba and I are face book bud's and well she has been harassing me for a Banana Bread recipe, yes she can be a bully! I'm scared, she knows where I live. So here goes:

This makes a really good bread if I do say so myself.
I got this recipe from my daughter Taylor, who got it I believe from her MIL.

5 large very ripe banana's I know. You are thinking, but Nana when will I have 5 very ripe banana's all at the same time? Don't fret, you can freeze banana's. "What's that?" you say. Yes freeze your very ripe banana's. Mash them and put them in a baggie, Tupperware, or my favorite LOCK and LOCK first. Toss in freezer for banana bread later. Easy as pie. Now let's move on.

4 eggs, beaten
2 Cups sugar
1 Cup shortening
4 Cups flour
2 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. salt
1 - 2 cups chopped walnuts (optional)

Mash banana's well and add sugar. Mix in eggs and shortening with electric mixer. Slowly add dry ingredients, mix well. Spray 2 large loaf pans or 5 small loaf pans w/ nonstick cooking spray. (Pam) Bake at 250 degrees for 2 hours.

Enjoy!!! I hope Pooba will stop threatening my grandchildren now. Please Pooba. I have done all I can.
(like she really bakes anyway)

15 comments:

Kristina P. said...

I will be making this.

Grand Pooba said...

You are one lucky lady because I was planning on coming over after work today to spread my wrath! And I see now that you have your lovely labels posted on your sidebar too! And they say black-mailing won't get you anywhere! Or is that begging won't get you anything? I'm good at both so it doesn't matter.


(Way to out me on my baking front, I had the entire internet fooled!)

Mandy said...

Sounds yummy! I have one you must try!! It has sour cream in it. It is not the healthiest thing but oh it is yummy and moist like no other!!
Gotta try this one it looks a little more healthy than the one I have!!

TMI Tara said...

Mmmmm banana bread and corn bread are two of my favorites :)

Kelly said...

Yet another great recipe. BTW, made the Pecan Sandies Friday. Oh, my heavens. They are wonderful. Just as I suspected, the toffee bits make them extra goooooooood!

bj said...

ummmm...how good this sounds. I just love banana bread..toasted with butter is heaven!! Thanks for the recipe..

Mimi Sue said...

You have to be careful with those facebook stalkers. I'd kick her off my friends list. I do love banana bread. This recipe sounds yummy. Mimi

The Garden of Egan said...

Yummy! Banana bread is my favorite. I love having lots of different holiday breads on hand to give out as gifts. Thanks for the reminder to go get some bananas to get old on the counter.

Connie said...

Getting a good recipe for banana bread is worth the threats and this one sounds like a winner!
THanks for posting it. I'm sure you can sleep better! (the walnuts won't be optional at my house)

Alexis AKA MOM said...

I love banana bread, I made a pumpkin one a few weeks back and it was a hit! Looks delish!

Yup she can be a turd ... LOL just playing :)

Messy Jess said...

Great music! Great Recipes! Great Stories! I am running out right now to work out in the gym! LOL

wendy said...

I LOVE BANANA BREAD
and zuchhini bread, ALL KINDS OF BREADS (that are rather "cakey")

I made pumpkin bread last week. Hubby had never had it. LOVED IT.

If Pooba keeps threatening you, I know someone ...named Vinny....just incase

Deanna said...

That sounds yummy. Bananas do freeze quite nicely for breads like that.

Yaya said...

Yum!

Amanda said...

I love adding dried cranberries to my banana bread...sooo good!