When humor goes, there goes civilization. ~Erma Bombeck




November 2, 2009

What a Weeeekend!!!!!!

First of all, did yesterday seem like the longest day ever ?

I thought maybe it was due to turning our clocks back but I am not sure that is the case.

Some of you know that I suffer from migraines, well I had one that began a week and a half ago and never went away. I called my Dr. to whine and complain and was told to quit taking my medication as I may be getting rebound migraines from it.
I was told to not take anything for two weeks, that is right two weeks. Well I don't know if I will live that long so, it was nice knowing you if I don't make it.

I did fairly well Friday. Saturday was not so great and Sunday...... was a wash out.
I know I am pitiful. Anyway I'll keep you posted.

Friday my son Oby came rushing in our house around 9:00. He was is some sort of Halloween get up. He rushed in our bedroom and started taking off said Halloween get up and going through Papa's clothes, while telling us he needed to change and get up to the hospital. His wife Tara and daughter Chloe were up there for some sleep tests to be done on Chloe and some how Chloe had fallen on her face and knocked out a tooth.....
WHAT!!???!!! Look at her, she is so cute. For the knocked out tooth story go to Tara's blog and read all about it. Poor Chloe and Poor Tara. The whole thing was very traumatic for all.

Saturday was busy as I made Chili, Jiffy Rolls and, of course more Sugar Cookies. ( Our families traditional Halloween dinner before trick or treating.)

My grandson Tonio had a football game, which his team won. YaY!!!!! They have not lost a game.

Izzy and Tonio came trick or treating. (I didn't get a pic, my camera was dead and so was I.)
Then they were off to meet cousins to make the rounds in Centerville.
I went to bed and Papa gave out candy to 13 (woohoo) trick or treaters.

As mentioned Sunday was a wash out. I was back in bed for most of the day. Papa was bringing hot packs for my face. (he is a sweetie) My headaches hit me mostly in my sinus area, so the hot packs help. Then miracle upon miracles my head stopped hurting!!!! WHAT??!!!??

I decided to be productive and plop myself in front of the t.v. This was a huge mistake because I became involved in viewing hour after hour of the most heinous behavior I have ever seen.

I have never watched this particular program before and I must say I never will again because I CAN'T PULL MYSELF AWAY!! It was like watching a horror show where you don't want to look but you can't stop! I have come to the conclusion our society is in bigger trouble than I had previously thought.

This particular gal Karen is one of the big reasons I couldn't stop watching. I was sure someone would eventually slug her, her soon to be husband would leave her, she would have some sort of seizure from her actions that would cause her to pass away or at least go into a coma. I knew something was looming and I wanted to see it. Karen believes she is a very classy person. WHAT??!!?? She also said that being called a Bridezilla was a compliment. This woman has NO class what so ever!!!

Karen you think you are a bitch? Wait until you meet Karma!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Am I right fellow bloggers? I have met Karma. Have you?
Until we meet again.

11 comments:

Amanda said...

Oh I'm so sorry about the migraines, that's really awful :(. I don't know what I'd do if I had one for a week and a half, you poor thing. I'm glad you're feeling better though!

Kristina P. said...

Karen is the worst!

I once did a post about Bridezillas. Enjoy!

http://adamandkristinapulsipher.blogspot.com/2008/09/going-to-chapel.html

The Garden of Egan said...

Sorry, I've never watched Bridzillas so I can't comment on that. What I will comment on is your poor migraines! Yuk! I stayed home from work last week with a 3 day run of migraines and I'm so glad that's done.
Hope you get to feeling better. In the meantime, I hope your bridezilla gets the crap beat out of her.

Kelly said...

Poor little Chloe. I'm sure it was more traumatic for the parents than her.

I'm with you on the headaches. I've had them last that long before. Not long ago, in fact. I've heard that if you put heat on your feet and cold packs on your head that it will help. Sometimes it does for me; sometimes not. Mostly not. They're a curse!

Cynthia said...

Oh no! Poor Chloe (and especially Tara). She DOES look adorable without the tooth though. My littlest one got her two front teeth knocked out at the school carnival- I know the Mama rage THAT engenders!

I hope your migraines abait. It must be so exhausting for you. Sorry!

Mandy said...

I am so sorry to hear about your headaches!! What a not so fun way to spend the holiday!! Hope you get them figured out!! Mysteries most of the time drs can't explain!! :( I hope they get better for you!! You still have a good attitude for feeling so rotten!! Can't say that I would be as pleasant!!
As for Bridezilla haven't seen it sounds like I better stay away can't watch those kind of addicting things!! Not good for family !
I have met Karma not so fun!!!

Connie said...

I hope your headache is still gone! Nice to have miracles once in a while. I have never watched Bridezillas. Thanks for the warning! Poor little Chloe!

Grand Pooba said...

I need to watch that show more often! Haha!

Ok, migraines that last weeks? That's just not ok. I hope they figure out something that works! And soon!

Poor Chloe, but like I told Tara, things just happen. My mom didn't strap my little sister into her highchair and she fell out and broke her leg. She had to get a huge cast on her whole leg, it was SO funny to watch her crawl around with that dumb cast! And personally I think Chloe looks cute missing a tooth!

wendy said...

I have never met Karma?? I have never watched that show.....but do sometimes find myself getting "hooked" on shows that seem somewhat dispicable.
Perhaps I could be a BRIDZILLA...I have been married 3 times now.
Oh good golly molly!!!!!!!!!!

blueviolet said...

I came over because #1 Chloe is a sweetheart and #2 so is Tara and #3 Pooba rocks and I will listen to everything she says and live by her rules. That and I adore sarcasm and all things ridiculous.

I've never seen that Bridezilla show but I know karma and I like what it can do!

Yaya said...

Oh my gosh! Poor Chloe!

I suffer from migraines and acupuncture has totally reduced the frequency and intensity of mine.