When humor goes, there goes civilization. ~Erma Bombeck




January 15, 2010

Buenos dias

Yesterday was a busy yet enjoyable day:



I started off with an appointment to visit my Shrink.



YES, I do see a Shrink. He is a good one and this is not something I have divulged on my blog as of yet however, I feel I want to be real and for me this is real.



I suffer from anxiety (panic attacks) and depression. Actually panic attacks are a form of depression. There is still such a stigma in our society related to these medical problems, many are afraid to speak up. I will talk about this later in other posts. I just wanted to bring it up today because it was relevant to my yesterday.

My Dr. asked me how I was doing and I told him, not so great. He asked me what was going on and I said "Well, I don't know why I am feeling the grips of depression sneaking up on me, usually this doesn't happen until Spring. (Yes, Fall and Spring are the times most people with depression suffer more. I will explain later.) He then asked again, "What has been going on in your life?"



Me: "Well, we moved Taylor and her family to San Francisco. I have really been enjoying my time alone with Papa, but after a year of them living with us I really miss them. We had the Holidays, my brother in law became very ill and died. Even though we have known for a year he was dying, when it happened it was just so fast and that has been sad for our family. And blah blah (things I don't want to share with you) blah blah."



Dr: He looks up at me chuckling and says "O.k., you want to start over and tell me, you don't know why you are feeling depressed? Now give me my $110.00 and get out of here." (that's not really what happened)





I then decided since ARUP is right there by his office I would drop in and give blood. ARUP is always calling me to give up the old red stuff because I am O - , which can pretty much go with any other blood type.






This was my nurse:

She was kind of catty.


Papa and I then went to our..............(drum roll please)............. first Spanish Class. TADA. If you want to feel really stupid, go learn a new language. It was great though and I am very excited, lots of tarea (homework) I wish for much e'xito. (success, the little dash in the word exito is not in the right place, but I didn't know how to type it in the right way) Papa is going to do some volunteer work in Mexico this Summer so he doesn't want to look like the ugly American. (So far it doesn't look good for him.)

After class we went to...


dinner. Mexican of course. I have ordered Papa's outfit like the one above, over the Internet. He will fit right in down there.


And last but not least.......





we went to see The Blind Side. A very good heart warming story. Go see it if you have not.


Well enough is enough. I hope I have not bored you to death.


Hasta la vista! (until we meet again)



22 comments:

Bonnie the Boss said...

I have seen a shrink myself, it was one of the healthiest times in my life. I am proud of you for at least doing something about it! I have to agree, you have every right to be struggling right now!
Hugs!

Connie said...

He ONLY charged $110.00? You've been dealing with lots of things and I'm sure the blah, blah has even more that would cause depression. Hang in there and enjoy your Spanish class. I took a beginning class last year. The only thing I remember is..hola!
Take care!

Mimi Sue said...

I've seen a shrink too. I was feeling a lot anxious when I had three naughty teenagers living at my house. It helped so much. Almost as much as the drugs he gave me. Buenos suerte on the Spanish class. Mimi

Kristina P. said...

I see a therapist too. Every few weeks. In fact, the submission piece for MMB I submitted it about anxiety. I had my first panic attack this summer, but have been doing a ton better. Although, today is sort of an off day for me. It's cyclical.

Lorilee said...

I havent' seen a therapist, but I've needed meds for depression.
With all the things you mentioned going on in your life, it is not surprising you are feeling low!
Blessings,
Lorilee

The Garden of Egan said...

No wonder you are feeling some anxiety. You have every right.
Hope the dr. is helpful.
Glad you had some mexican food, that is sure to fire you up.
I loved Blind Side. It was the best movie I have ever seen.
Hugs!

Amanda said...

Ahhh, I've been feeling it too. The depression creeping up, but just started taking the Wellbutrin again so am hoping to see results soon. However, now that I'm pregnant I can't take the anti anxiety meds anymore :(, this makes driving and grocery shopping interesting.

Winters are always hardest for me. I've promised myself that one of these days I'll get a therapist. Change is always hard for me, it takes me a while to adjust.

Well, I hope you start feeling better soon! You've got a lot on your plate right now and hopefully you'll get a calm period now to give you the time you need to adjust.

wendy said...

Good for you --being honest and all, cause there may be some of us out there who can learn and benefit from your experiences. I think that is the true value in blogs. What we learn from each other.
I have seen my share of therapists.
Good grief --after 3 marriages, you don't think I need too. Sheeeesh.

I am starting to "wonder" about my depression issues lately too but sometime things Pile up.

I miss Mexican food ---not many good places for it up here. LOTS AND LOTS of chinnese food though. I miss Cafe Rio!!!

Jane In The Jungle said...

Oh yeah, been there!
With my whacked out childhood, I better have seen one!!

Cudo's to Papa for going to Mexico.....bigger cudo's if he would wear that outfit, LOL!!

allycupe said...

Thanks for stopping by on my SITS day! I LOVED all the comment love and now I'm here to spread it around!

Kelly said...

Well, sounds like you have a few reasons to feel blue. I know how you feel. For me though, winter is by far the absolute worst! And night. I take an RX for anxiety and depression too. And I'm always thinking about visiting a therapist, but I'm afraid I would talk their ears off with my crazy thoughts.

Love Papa's outfit. You must order yourself a snazzy one to go along with his. Then go eat Mexican. Now that would be hilarious.

Have a happy Saturday!

Yvonne said...

Since you enjoy reading and you suffer from depression, you might want to read this book, 'The Battlefield of the Mind' by Joyce Meyer.
http://www.google.com/products/catalog?q=the+battlefield+of+the+mind+joyce+meyer&oe=utf-8&ved=0CCwQrQQwAg&cid=17507163847096751499&sa=title#p
It really helped me a lot. I did this as a study with a group of girls.
She is so real and open herself in this book. Just one thought she teaches on is this. "Think about what your thinking about" and that has helped me so much.
I hope you read and enjoy this book!

Deanna said...

Ya know, I think years ago there was a stigma surrounding admission of going to a psychiatrist. Not so much today. Well, at least not in my world. The blogosphere has increased my awareness of how many people suffer from depression. You are to be admired for 1. admitting there is a problem, 2. for getting help, and now 3. for talking about it openly! Hooray for you!

BTW your life has had more ups and downs that I can even imagine. Your shrink probably did just shake his head!

Oh, and good luck with the Spanish. Our daughter took 4 years of Spanish in HS and 2 years in college. Then we were in Walmart and a family was speaking Spanish. She just listened... finally the 2 year old said something and she grinned and said "now that I understood"

So all I can say is, good luck and
Hasta lavista Baby!

KelleyAnne said...

Wasn't Sandra Bullock awesome! My husband had to talk me into seeing that movie and I LOVED every minute of it! Have you seen Invictus???? You'll love it, I promise♥

Grand Pooba said...

Yay for Spanish class! I've been taking a spanish class at work for 2 years now and am totally fluent. Ok, I am so far from fluent it is sad. I need to do more tarea!!

Yeah for psycho docs! (I call mine my crazy doctor, I go in there for like 5 minutes while he tries to remember who I am, he fills my perscription, and then I'm outta there. Then he gets paid by my insurance a hundred somethin million dollars for a 5 minute visit, seriously, what is up with that? I'm totally in the wrong profession)

Anyway I'm sorry you are feeling the depression coming on again, but hello? Look at all the crap that's going on in your life? I do the same thing though, I start into the depression thing again and don't know why, then go to the doc and he's like hello? THIS is why you are depressed dumb ass! He's a great doctor.

Um, Papa is hot btw.

love ya!

Yaya said...

(((Hugs)))
I see a psychiatrist and a counselor and take lexapro....

Creative Chaos in Arizona said...

{{{{hugs}}}}

Nana... I'm right there with you. I hide mine pretty darn well too. Most people are totally shocked when I tell them I struggle with anxiety and depression. Much of the time anxiety keeps me from sleeping and that only makes the depression worse. It's vicious cycle.

I probably should be seeing a shrink myself. I try to work through things with my supportive friends and family. Sometimes it helps... and sometimes I just struggle through the cloud until it lifts and allows me to see the sunshine. Thankfully that does happen from time to time.

Big ole warm hugs of understanding for you... hang in there. I am convinced the world is brighter because our smiles are part of it.

Annie

Mayhem and Moxie said...

Buenos dias, mi amiga, Nana. Como estas? Yo estoy bien.

Oh, and here is the other Spanish phrase that I committed to memory:

Quitate tu ropa y apaga la luz.

Translated, it means, take off your clothes and turn off the lights.

I've got a million of these, Nana.

You're welcome.

In other news, I am touched that you would share this side of your life on your blog. Means the world. For the record, I think seeing a doctor is a damn fine thing.

Debbie said...

Not bored in the least. I am so glad you have a good doctor you trust. And it does sound like you have lots of reasons to be feeling a little less than joyous these days!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Good fill someone in on and this mail helped me alot in my college assignement. Gratefulness you on your information.

星爺Frank said...

cool!i love it!情色遊戲,情色a片,情色網,性愛自拍,美女寫真,亂倫,戀愛ING,免費視訊聊天,視訊聊天,成人短片,美女交友,美女遊戲,18禁,三級片,自拍,後宮電影院,85cc,免費影片,線上遊戲,色情遊戲,日本a片,美女,成人圖片區,avdvd,色情遊戲,情色貼圖,女優,偷拍,情色視訊,愛情小說,85cc成人片,成人貼圖站,成人論壇,080聊天室,080苗栗人聊天室,免費a片,視訊美女,視訊做愛,免費視訊,伊莉討論區,sogo論壇,台灣論壇,plus論壇,維克斯論壇,情色論壇,性感影片,正妹,走光,色遊戲,情色自拍,kk俱樂部,好玩遊戲,免費遊戲,貼圖區,好玩遊戲區,中部人聊天室,情色視訊聊天室,聊天室ut,做愛