When humor goes, there goes civilization. ~Erma Bombeck




January 25, 2010

Papa's Little Man

Saturday was Jack's funeral. It was a beautiful service and very well attended. I am thankful that I could be there.
We got to see family members that we have not seen for a long time, cry, laugh, and visit. It was a beautiful weekend. My sister and brother in law took lots of pictures and we shared lots of memories of Jack. I can't wait to get them from her so I can share with you later.

I am sure Jack was there. I am also sure he is in a much better place, but he sure is missed!


My house was full again for a few days. Taylor and the kids were in town, so all my kids were hanging out at our place. This is something I love even though it is a mad house.

Henry was right at home.

This is a picture of him at his new house in San Francisco. Notice how flashy they dress there.

Saturday afternoon Henry decided to snuggle up with me on the couch. He then proceeded to put his hand down my shirt.

I said " Why are you putting your hand in my shirt?"

Henry: "In you's boobies?"

Me: "YES"

Henry: "I YIKE it!!!"

Hmmmm, I think we can all agree he needs an intervention.

Some may think this little story shouldn't be mentioned after speaking of Jack's funeral. I SAY, Jack would have found it hilarious. Jack loved playing with the kids, and the kids loved playing right back! He was the only adult that would keep up with them for hours. Love you grandpa/uncle Jack!!!


20 comments:

Wsprsweetly Of Cottages said...

Well...I think it's funny! Out of the mouths of babes come the cutest things. You made us smile..
Hugs,
Mona

wendy said...

I totally think Jack was chuckling.
I am happy for you that everything went nicely and you were able to see family and friends

Kristina P. said...

They really start young, don't they?

The Garden of Egan said...

What a cutie. They keep things in perspective don't they?
Darling pictures.
Hugs to you.

Mimi Sue said...

I love a good funeral. It's the only thing that gets our family together lately. Seems like Henry was just doing what most guys want to do but don't have the guts. Mimi

Mary said...

Oh my! Boys.

Again, so sorry for your loss.

Bennett Bunch said...

Jack would have loved that story! I miss him!

Kelly said...

Glad you had a house full again. Even if it wasn't for a happy event. Loved the boobie story and I'm sure Jack would've too. He must've been humorous to be in your family.

Have a good Tuesday!

Deanna said...

Funerals are a celebration of life. We mourne and celebrate. And Jack would have absolutely loved that story. He probably told Henry to do it :)

Connie said...

Keep an eye on that one! :-)
Glad the funeral went well and you were able to see so much family.

The Pachuilo Family said...

I agree with you, it was so good so see all the family. I also beleive my Dad was there, it was a really good memorial.
That Henry just cracks me up, I wish we all lived by each other. But now we are all grown up and doing are own thing.
Thanks for hosting at your house, I hope when everyone left it wasn't too much of a disaster.
Love you and miss you.

Amanda said...

Hahahahahahaha, My kids are forever sticking their hands down my shirt and they're girls! I think this must be some universal kid thing...

The Wife O Riley said...

I am so sorry for your loss. I haven't been around lately because of dealing with our own.

That being said, I am forever trying to keep my kids hands off of my chest. What is it with them?

Midwest Mommy said...

Oh no! lol typical man!

Grand Pooba said...

How nice to reminisce about Jack with the family, I think that is the best thing you can do after a death, is talk about their life.

Oh my gosh, Henry cracks me up! And obviously he feels you up!

Grand Pooba said...

Oops, forgot to mention that I left you a surprise on the old blog of mine

Jane In The Jungle said...

My youngest stuck his hands up my shirt and grabbed hold...at the grocery store...in front of the cashier!

From what you've said about Jack...he would have cracked up!

Mandy said...

Nana you made me smile as always!! Thanks for the laugh and I am sorry for your loss! THose are never easy but always dear to the heart!! Sending hugs and prayers!!

KelleyAnne said...

I'm sure there is happiness in heaven with him there♥ Sending my love!

Cherie said...

Hello I saw your comment over on Tauna's blog (Garden of Egan) and it made me chuckle! I sure like to have fun with her and Kristina! :)

So I came over to check out your blog and realized we run with the same "blog crowd" and have much in common!

I'm following you now. I'm Cherie, glad to meet you:D