When humor goes, there goes civilization. ~Erma Bombeck




February 26, 2010

Good Old St. George

For those of you who do not know St. George is a little town in Southwest Utah. An anomaly so to speak. (A deviation from a rule or from what is regarded normal.)

I will explain myself. Papa announced he needed to go visit a client ( he is a Financial Advisor) in St. George. He was going to drive down and back on Thursday. Well if you drive like a bat out of Hell and only take one pee pee stop you can get there in four hours. That is a lot of driving in one day. Plus the meeting with the client.

I of course suggested we go together and drive down on Wednesday, spend the night, then drive home on Thursday. He thought that was a great idea. YAY!!!!

Why was I so excited? Why is St. George an anomaly........ well look at the place.

While the rest of Utah looks like old man winter is never going to leave, here is St. George. We had to drive through a blizzard Wednesday night to get there! Then voila we hit St. George and it was raining a little bit. Thursday morning it was beautiful. I mean daffodils were blooming!!!!!

The only draw back with St. George is in the summer it is hot hot hot!!! But, you get used to it. I used to live there. The main draw back is too many people have realized what a wonderful place it is. Yes, they are all from California. And yes, I would love to join them. At least for part of the year. Can anyone say condominium? Yeah, saying it and doing it are two different things. Meanwhile I can dream.


10 comments:

Riddle Girl said...

I'm right there with you. I would love a St. George condo.
Sounds like you got to be down there while it was kind of blah here! How Fun!

Mary said...

Sure is pretty! Daffodils??! Oh I wish I could see some daffodils. Everything in my yard is dead and gray - we'd had unusual cold even this far down south this year. Temps right now at night are near freezing again!!

I don't know about the heat though. If it's ANYTHING like the summer heat down here, you NEVER get used to it!! Least I never do. I am ready for spring, but so not looking forward to summer heat. And spring for us is so short lived.

Bonnie the Boss said...

There are times that St. George is a little slice of heaven. But in the middle of the summer it is another thing in and of itself.
I used to work out in the desert down there in the winter, it is not too bad.

Amanda said...

Ahhh, I sure could use a couple days down in St George to thaw out! Is spring ever going to come this year :(

Connie said...

So glad you could escape the dreary winter up North for a day. St. George is a great place to be in the winter. (Not so much in the summer)

Small House said...

Ahhhh....St. George. This time of year it's heaven isn't it?
Glad you got to get out of the wet and cold and enjoy a couple hours of warmth and SUN!
Sandra

wendy said...

I love St. George.
I am not sure if I could live there in the summer though.
I always want the best of both worlds, Canada in the summer, and perhaps places like St. George in the winter,

Deanna said...

Wow the scenery is BEAUTIFUL!

Jane In The Jungle said...

Girl that is gorgeous!!

Keri said...

I am completely and utterly fascinated with the state of Utah. We had driven out to San Diego last August for my bro's wedding. On the way home we went through Utah. It literally took us two entire days to drive through.

We went through St. George, over to Zion, Bryce, Capital Reef (and others I can't remember on the spot), and Arches National Parks. GORGEOUS!