When humor goes, there goes civilization. ~Erma Bombeck




March 20, 2010

A Place For Everyone

And the inspiration for such a playground? Our Chloe. To learn more go here and here.



She won this boa fishing with Papa at our fourth of July party.


Many of you that follow this blog know I am a grandma. Here is my brood. This picture was taken last October. It was freezing outside. The kids were out of control. Especially the one on the far left. Look at him, he was not thrilled to be there at all. This picture will soon be out of date as lefty Louie down there will be getting a new baby at his house.
This post however, is to bring attention to all of our little people with special needs. Which brings me to my little grand daughter Chloe. The one in the pink. The one who would also like to run around and be naughty but doesn't have a choice, she is stuck where you put her and that's how it goes.







Some of you know Tara. Here she is with my son Oby and again little Chloe. Tara saw where in some communities there are special need playgrounds. Playgrounds that everyone, all children can enjoy. Where everyone feels a part of the fun. She has set out to have one built in her community. She is working hard with her city council. She has put a lot of time and thought and determination into this project.



All of us know someone with a special need. Most of us know a couple who have had a special needs child. Some of us have direct contact with a special needs child in our families. We know we all want them to feel joy and a something similar to normal. We want them to know they belong.





She loves being outside. What kid doesn't?








It's so exciting to be with cousin Anthony.


At Izzy's birthday.


Getting to sit at the table in her big girl chair.





Fishing at the fourth of July party with Papa.




Being outside in her wheelchair. I wish I had pictures of her with Papa at the skating park. He had her flying in that thing. She was shrieking with laughter. The rest of us were having heart attacks!



Here she is in her favorite swing at home. Let's help build her and every child a playground where they can all have fun together!



14 comments:

Julie Harward said...

Hi there, thanks for the visit, we have a lot in common, one for sure is our love for our grand children and another is Pepsi! LOl I have added you to my blog list and will follow you. I am going to be gone for a few days but look forward to getting to know such a nice lady as you! Come say hi any time :D

Cherie said...

This brought tears to my eyes - What a completely Fabulous project!!

YES YES and YES All children deserve a playground where they can play and have fun! This is just so neat:D

Your grandchildren are all so beautiful - Chloe is beautiful! You must be so incredibly proud of your daughter in law!

TMI Tara said...

Thanks for helping to spread the word. I love ya, despite that you put up that pic that I absolutely hate of myself! lol!

Connie said...

Your grandkids are so darling. I've told you before that Chloe just melts my heart. What a great project. I hope you get lots of money to fund it!

Garden of Egan said...

She is so beautiful. What a priceless little face.. I am headed over to your daughters blog to check it out.

Valerie said...

Thanks for letting us know what's coming up. I think it's wonderful to see that we can make a difference! I was involved in a fundraising event last year for TBI (my son's disability) and it was amazing! We far exceeded our goal.
What cute grandkids! :)

Cynthia said...

I smile everytime I see a post about Chloe's Sunshine Park. It's great to see you all working so hard to make it happen. With the persistence you're showing, it's just a matter of time but you WILL succeed and succeed BIG TIME!

wendy said...

Absolutely every child needs to know and feel like they belong. What a great project to help organize a special needs playground.
I loved all the pictures.

Grand Pooba said...

I am so excited to see the sunshine playground continue to progress! I really don't know how Tara does it all, I would have pooped out by now if I were her. Seriously, I'd be useless.

Love her! And Chloe! And you!

Live.Love.Eat said...

What an awesome project! Chloe's a sweetie and deserves such a playground. Hope it comes soon!!!

ModernMom said...

What an amazing project! Your Grand daughter is so beautiful. I hope your community has that playground soon. All playgrounds should be fully accessible. :)

Deanna said...

That is an amazing project. You have an amazing family.

Deanna

Kelly said...

She is just precious. I hope you raise lots and lots of money for lots and lots of playgrounds. Oh, and BTW, the banana cream cake looks oh, so yummy.

Kristi Veale said...

#2 for Megan? I have lost touch!