When humor goes, there goes civilization. ~Erma Bombeck




March 15, 2010

Slap On The Preparation H Spicy Spaghetti Sauce..... I know that doesn't even make sense.

I said it because during dinner last night my dad announced the sauce was so spicy he needed to go home and get his Preparation H for his lips. I said "Well if you think it will work you better slab some on the other end too."

This is ONE good sauce. Extremely hearty and spicy, you can tone down the spicy part if you want to and you will still have a darn tasty dish.


My family loved this. Note: If you have friends or family previously known for being gassy don't invite them over for this meal. I am so glad my brother Kip didn't show up!

Here we go:

1 Pkg. bacon, yes bacon
4 lbs. hamburger
1 lb. ground Italian sausage, I used mild.
4 large onions, chopped
3 green peppers, diced
1 lb. sliced fresh mushrooms
1/2 cup olive oil
16 garlic cloves, minced, I know.
1/2 cup all purpose flour
3 1/2 quarts pureed tomatoes
2 cans (12 oz. each) tomato paste
1 cup red wine vinegar
6 TBS. sugar
6 TBS. Worcestershire sauce
2 TBS. dried celery flakes
2 TBS. dried oregano
2 TBS. dried Italian spice blend
2 TBS. Spike Seasoning (that is the name brand)
4 teas. salt
2 teas. cayenne pepper

Hot cooked spaghetti

1. In a large stockpot (VERY large) cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Remove to paper towels to drain. In the same kettle, saute the onions, peppers and mushrooms in bacon drippings. for 5 minutes or until onions are tender. Add olive oil and garlic, cook 2 minutes longer. Take kettle off of heat and set aside.

2. In a large (VERY large) frying pan Cook beef and sausage over medium high heat until meat is no longer pink. I even like some of it browned. Take off heat and set aside.

3. Put the kettle with the vegetable mixture back on the heat. Let it warm up a little and add the flour until blended. Stir in the tomatoes, tomato paste, vinegar, sugar, Worcestershire sauce and seasonings. Crumble bacon, and add it to mixture. Then add the beef and sausage to the pan. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat, simmer, uncovered for 2 hours, stirring occasionally.

Serve with hot spaghetti


I originally got this recipe from Best Of Taste of Home 2010. However, you know me I tweak and change everything so what you have here is my version.

15 comments:

Kristina P. said...

I don't know what that is, but I want some.

Mary at Deep South Dish said...

I don't know how you could go wrong with that sauce - yum!! Though I'm still trying to figure out what the PH comment was supposed to mean???? I don't get it. Were his lips swollen?? On the other hand, I can't wait to get old enough to say whatever I want, whenever I want, and be able to use my age as an excuse. Oh wait... I think I pretty much do that now! :) hahaha... have a great week!

Cynthia said...

Holy FREAK that sounds good! I'm all about the spicy. Too bad I'm married to a food wussy. I might still have to make it just for me because it sounds incredible. I'm gaining weight just reading the recipe.

Jane In The Jungle said...

ROFLMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Oh you just kill me!!! And girl that is some artery cloggin' stuff that I can't wait to have...BACON...are you kidding me, WooHoo!!!

Garden of Egan said...

Well I hope that everyone's lips and other parts survived this spicy dish!

Connie said...

Preparation H for spiced up lips! Gotta remember that! You're a crack-up!

Grand Pooba said...

And your version is always the best!

Off to buy some Preperation H!

(Oh who am I kidding, I already have some in stock)

Amanda said...

Wow, that's spaghetti sauce for a crowd! Sounds pretty great, I think I'm gonna have to try it :)

wright2cu said...

I'm not a blogger -but I have a few I visit. Your comments crack me up!!!! Your dad must be a hoot!!! The sauce looks sooo yummy!

wendy said...

You can bet I'll try that cause me and hubby LOVE spicy stuff.
We'll put the preparation H right there on the table with the Tabasco

Mayhem and Moxie said...

Holy crap, Nana. You don't mess around. I just went to my refrigerator to check out how many pounds of bacon is in one package.

4 pounds, Nana?!?! Really?

If I EVER make it to Utah, you can bet your lovely ass that I am going to be eating at your table.

xo

KelleyAnne said...

That it so different than anything I've ever tasted or cooked! It sounds fabulous!!!!

Midwest Mommy said...

Oh my god the title of this post made me giggle!

Joycee said...

Ok, we love spicy so this is going to go in my "recipe drawer!" But does your Dad REALLY use Prep H for his lips???

星爺Frank said...

cool!i love it!AV,無碼,a片免費看,自拍貼圖,伊莉,微風論壇,成人聊天室,成人電影,成人文學,成人貼圖區,成人網站,一葉情貼圖片區,色情漫畫,言情小說,情色論壇,臺灣情色網,色情影片,色情,成人影城,080視訊聊天室,a片,A漫,h漫,麗的色遊戲,同志色教館,AV女優,SEX,咆哮小老鼠,85cc免費影片,正妹牆,ut聊天室,豆豆聊天室,聊天室,情色小說,aio,成人,微風成人,做愛,成人貼圖,18成人,嘟嘟成人網,aio交友愛情館,情色文學,色情小說,色情網站,情色,A片下載,嘟嘟情人色網,成人影片,成人圖片,成人文章,成人小說,成人漫畫,視訊聊天室,性愛,情色,日本a片,美女,成人圖片區