When humor goes, there goes civilization. ~Erma Bombeck




June 18, 2010

Roasted Veggies With Pine Nuts

I know I have been a flake as of late when it comes to blogging. For the two of you who may have been missing me. I am truly sorry. Life seems to be getting out of hand. I hope this new recipe will kind of make up for it.

This has become one of my new favorite's in the veggie department.

Here goes:

1 large red pepper
3 t0 4 small to medium zucchini trimmed and cut on the diagonal into 1/4 inch slices
2 small to medium yellow squash trimmed and cut on the diagonal into 1/4 inch slices
1 to 2 medium onions cut into wedges
1 to 2 lbs asparagus, trimmed
4 to 5 cloves garlic, minced
about 8 teas. olive oil
1 to 2 teas. balsamic vinegar
salt and pepper to taste

Pine Nuts about 1 to 2 cups, no probably 1 cup. (Can you tell I am making this up as I go along. This is a Weight Watcher recipe that I have tweaked. The nuts are not in the original recipe. I love Weight Watcher's. I have lost 10 1/2 lbs. I haven't been good for the past week though so I better shape up. However, as usual I digress)


1. Preheat the oven to 450 degrees.
2. Cut Bell pepper into strips then add zucchini, yellow squash, onion, asparagus, garlic, oil, vinegar and toss well to evenly coat. Of course you would want to have all of this stuff in a large bowl.
3. Put veggie mixture on a large cookie sheet and salt and pepper.
4. Bake for 20 minutes,
take out of oven and mix veggies up a bit with some tongs or something.Then throw in a few handfuls of pine nuts, it's up to you. Then bake for another 10 minutes or so until nuts are roasted.

This is a yummy Summer side dish if I do say so myself.
I hope Summer is treating you all very well.

14 comments:

Julie Harward said...

Hi there...hey, thanks for sharing this,,it looks so good to me..a perfect dinner for our house! Come say hi :D

Garden of Egan said...

Now that looks quite delicious. I will be trying it!!

Kristina P. said...

This looks perfect for Sunday dinner. I will leave out the peppers, but everything else looks fabulous.

Midwest Mommy said...

I bet my husband would like this!

Cherie said...

That sounds really good! I have been looking for some good vegetable side dishes.
Hope you are enjoying your summer!

Lorilee said...

Looks delish! My guys won't eat most of those veggies although I love them. Pine nuts are wonderful!
Blessings,
Lorilee

Connie said...

Good for you for losing the weight! I've got to get back on WW but I've got to be ready to do it right or it's a waste of money!

It looks really good! I love vegetables, even more than donkey meat!

Mimi Sue said...

Finally, a little summer weather. That recipe sounds great especially when your garden is delivering. Glad ww is working for you. I need to go. Mimi

Creative Chaos in Arizona said...

Oh yummy! This looks delish! I will be trying this... thank you for sharing the recipe!

Grand Pooba said...

Okay, no. This is recipe is great and everything but it does not make up for the fact that you've been MIA.

I'll be expecting homemade cookies tomorrow. And not just the recipe, I'm talkin the real thing, hot right out of the oven baby!

Valerie said...

Yum!!! This looks delish, I will have to try it out...probably without the pine nuts though, I love them, but think I am allergic to them. (Last time I ate them, I had a little reaction & haven't dared try them since).
AND glad to see you blogging again. :)

wendy said...

Well, since I am the 12th comment....there are more then 2 of us that have been missing you. BUT I know summer is busy.
I'll have to try that recipe. (sp)
I need to loost 10 lbs...no, actually more like 20 for starters.
damn

Cynthia said...

I've been blog-flakey myself. Dog DANG those veggies look yummy!

Small House said...

OH MY WORD....YUM!!!
Now that my fussy computer has been fixed, I'm hoping I"m able to catch up on everything that you've had going on! Have a great day.
Sandra