When humor goes, there goes civilization. ~Erma Bombeck




July 19, 2010

Just A Reminder

This Fresh Strawberry Cake is the BOMB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I made it yesterday for my son's birthday, it was his requested cake. I do whatever my children request. (insert hysterical laughter) Well anyway I try.







As most of you know my mom and dad live next door in our deluxe MIL apartment. My brothers were over there visiting, heard rumors of Strawberry Cake and well, fortunately for me, it is all gone now!


The recipe is on my side bar under Meatloaf. (actually you should look under cake)


POOBA, this goes great with ice cream. tee hee.




15 comments:

Cherie said...

You are a good mom to do whatever your kids want! Ha Ha I know how that goes sometimes :D

Kristina P. said...

I forgot about this cake! I still need to make it.

Julie Harward said...

This cake looks so divine! I will go see the recipe...it sure is beautiful :D

Valerie said...

Thanks for the reminder. I need to add this to my (long) list of recipes I want to try!

A girl needs 2 Talk said...

Holy yummmmmmmmmm! I want that! It's gone, did you say?? This picture is killing me.

Connie said...

I've copied this recipe! Why is it I get so excited when it's a dessert recipe but when it's vegetables...snore!

Your kids are so lucky to have such a good mom!!!

Deb said...

Hi Nana: I just came across your blog and the top picture caught my interest. What a great shot. I am a new nana and love to bake too so I am your new follower from Ottawa, Canada. Love your humour! Deb

Bonnie the Boss said...

It looks beautiful!!!

Cynthia said...

Woah! That's some kinda gorgeous cake! I'm salivating.

wendy said...

and here I was ready to go over to MEATLOAF
I'd love a Piece of that cake...just not the whole cake. Actually I'd love the whole cake, but I seem to have lost my waist line.
I'll look for it under Meatloaf

Garden of Egan said...

You didn't call me!
Whenever you need to get rid of a beautiful creation like that, I'm your man........er.......woman.

It's beautiful. Thanks for sharing the recipe.

Grand Pooba said...

Hahaha! Well then I MUST have this cake! Of course if I made it, it would a big messy lopsided pile of cake and frosting!

Still tastes the same right?

Crap, I gonna need a lot more ice cream!

Darlene said...

Hi Nana,

Thanks for stopping by and entering my giveaway! Good Luck!!

That cake looks DELICIOUS...YUM!!

yulz said...

makes me wanna bake some cakes later today ;)

Debbie said...

I love a strawberry cake. If I can not eat all the strawberries first:)