When humor goes, there goes civilization. ~Erma Bombeck




August 3, 2010

Are You Ready For A Good Time? Cheese Fries

As promised here is my recipe for Cheese Fries. The original came from Miss Paula Dean. Usually I don't change anything Miss Paula does but, on this one I tweaked.


My Family are cheese freaks. We had this with our B.B.Q.'d steak and salad last night and Mmmmm. Mmmmmmm. It is yummy.

Here Goes:
1 28 - 32 oz. package frozen shoestring French fries, thawed and divided. I like the 32 oz. size the best.
1 16 oz. container sour cream
1 10.5 oz. can cream of chicken soup
1 8 oz. package cream cheese, softened
2 1oz. packages ranch salad dressing and seasoning mix
1/2 cup chicken broth
1/2 teas. salt
1 8 oz. package shredded Cheddar cheese
1 8oz. package Mozzarella cheese
2 - 4 cups Cheddar, Monterrey jack mix shredded cheese.

Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Lightly grease a 13x9x2 inch baking dish. Spread half of French fries to cover bottom of prepared dish. In a large bowl, combine sour cream, chicken soup, cream cheese, dressing mix, broth  and salt.

Spread half of sour cream mixture over fries, top with  the cheddar and mozzarella cheese.

Spread remaining fries evenly over cheese, top with remaining sour cream mixture, and then top that with the Cheddar, Monterrey jack cheese mixture. I load the top of the pan with as much cheese as I can possibly get on there with out it boiling over while it is baking. If you don't want that much cheese on top, just add less.

Cover, and bake for 1 hour. Uncover and bake for 10 more minutes.

I cut this into portions with a spatula and serve it that way. Easier than using a spoon. It is gooey delishisnous at it's best!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

14 comments:

Kristina P. said...

You are killing me here! These are completely smothered with yumminess.

Connie said...

I can feel my arteries harden just looking at the recipe! I would be tempted to eat the whole dang pan!

A girl needs 2 Talk said...

All this cheese talk is freezing my neurons. Holy Heavens!

My pants are already not fitting me, I wonder if I can even dream of them EVER getting all the way to the top after this.

Cherie said...

It looks VERY rich! I would have never thought to cook french fries this way~! YUM

Mary at Deep South Dish said...

Oh My Goodness and Holy Cheese!!! You are an evil woman. :) Dang, I'll bet that was good. I can't believe I have never seen this before!

Deanna said...

Oh my. Those sound delicious. Will make them the next time my house is crawling with grandkids. Thanks for sharing!

TMI Tara said...

I'd like to plug that in to WW etools and just laugh at how many points it is! SO sad I missed it :(

Messy Jess said...

Oh divine cheese and potatoes! We do something similar and use shredded potatoes or cubed/diced potatoes. In church they call them funeral potatoes.

KelleyAnne said...

These sound out of this world. I can't wait to make them ;)

Nonna Beach said...

Yummy Nana ! We are a cheese lovin' bunch here too. Thanks for stopping by and commenting on my blogs...means a lot that you took the time...love you blog music and your grandchildren are adorable !!!

Small House said...

Seriously.....this look delicious. Who can go wrong with Paula Dean? YUM!!!!! Definitely worth printing and making this weekend.
Have a great day.
Sandra

theUngourmet said...

What a cheesy creamy dish! My kids wouldn't be able to keep their paws off this one that's for sure! :)

Grand Pooba said...

Holy crap! Are you trying to make me even fatter? (word?) You know my pants are already splitting after all that ice cream in bed!

Anonymous said...

Nice fill someone in on and this fill someone in on helped me alot in my college assignement. Thanks you for your information.